Bloomberg Law is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. Our goal is to become an indispensable tool for legal professionals by supporting their day-to-day tasks and providing solutions that help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
Within Bloomberg Law, the Data Infrastructure & Architecture team is hiring! Â We are responsible for the data that powers Bloomberg Law. Â Our goals are to build systems to store large volumes of documents and associated metadata as well as ensure our data is easily discoverable and accessible using well defined APIs. Â We aim to address use cases such as providing truth data to train ML Models, Data Sandbox to drive innovation and new product ideas, and Reporting on data quality. Furthermore our systems must be scalable, performant, and highly available in order to support the vast amount of data required to run the BLAW business. What's in it for you
As part of our team, you will help build data pipelines and REST APIs as part of Bloomberg Law Data Platform. You will be given the opportunity to display your creativity and deliver continuous end-user value in an Agile environment. We are self-motivated engineers who like to research, learn, and apply current technologies to build new product features that anticipate our customersâ€™ needs. Weâ€™ll trust you to:
You'll need to have:Â
- Work directly with product owners and data experts to provide data and build products that our clients use to solve complex problems
- Build and support a distributed platform supporting all Bloomberg Law data
- Understand and break down business requirements and user problems
- Manage all stages of the project lifecycle
We'd love to see:Â
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java 8/11/17
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with of Kafka, Redis
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with designing data pipelines
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.