Senior Manager, Software Engineer
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12
S&P Global Platts is seeking a Sr Manager, Software Engineering to provide technical leadership for all stages of software design, development and maintenance for data engineering and data science platforms. What you can expect
The ideal candidate must be technical to be hands-on, speak to the technical architecture and has the managerial expertise to direct engineering teams.
- Provides leadership in execution and delivery of technology to support business initiatives. This includes leading and coordinating activities throughout development and ensuring the appropriate use of standard models and software packages, standard methods of integration, as well as, the development of common application services.
- Partner with customer-facing peers to create and deliver on roadmaps . This includes participating in planning processes, defining a technical solution, establishing and implementing applications based on architecture direction
- Manage and build teams on-shore and off-shore. Mentor teams, innovate and experiment, give face to business ideas and present to key stakeholders
- Must has the ability to function as software architect, agile coach, development manager and have an excellent customer focused attitude to lead development teams
- Must be able to take on hands-on activities in development process as needed
- Set architecture directions for applications and ensure that best development processes and technologies are used in the design, construction of these platforms
- Ensure stability and performance of existing and future enhancements through use of applicable profiling and testing methodologies
- Ensures timely delivery of the development projects without compromising quality and performance of the system
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience or certification
- 8+ years' experience in software development (including architecture)
- 6+ years of experience in Application Development using .Net
- 3+ years of professional experience building iOS or Android application
- Experience managing application integration projects
- Experience managing agile scrum/kanban teams and related agile processes
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm in a team environment
- Strong problem solving, logic, and analytical skills
- Experience with large scale cloud-based architecture is a must
- Experience building cloud native applications using microservices and cloud deployment
- Experience in building message based distributed, scalable & resilient systems
- Knowledge in AWS Cloud Services (IAM,VPC, ELB ,API Gateway, S3, EKS, CloudWatch) plus
- Knowledge in CI/CD process using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes plus
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,800 to $230,200 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
260289 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States