SAP Platform Engineering and Operations Lead
Brimming with exceptional strategic planning and critical thinking skills? Are you an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving complex business issues for diverse clients around the world? We're looking for a sharp analytical thinker who's an adept SAP Platform Engineer to join our Global Technology Services practice. Work you'll do:
The SAP Platform Engineering and Operations Lead is responsible for delivering platform engineering and operations services. These services accelerate the delivery while maintaining the stability, of both revenue-generating and internal infrastructure platforms that support external and internal application services. The SAP Platform Engineering and Operations Leadis accountable to bring to bear best practices that streamline and automate SAP and other ERP related technology platforms.
In this role, you will provide technical leadership on SAP Basis systems including establishing standards and requirements, evaluating and directing enhancements, and implementing solutions for performance monitoring, systems configuration, design, and implementation. Your responsibilities include leading a team of basis engineers and database administrators which will partner with business-lead teams to successfully run the SAP platform hosting of our most mission-critical applications. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new services and drive IT transformation. Responsibilities:
Responsible for all aspects of platform engineering and operations for the SAP platform running within Deloitte's data centers and potential cloud solutions as the cloud ecosystem evolves. Includes SAP Basis for ECC, Suite on Hana, Hana DB, SLT, BOE and other related and supporting platform technologies such as Oracle, AIX, and Linux.
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
- Responsible for the establishment and adoption of standard processes and best practice for systems, including SAP software builds and related database engineering and administrative activities include support of applications performance tuning efforts.
- Leads multiple teams that execute the hands-on engineering tasks and daily operations (change and break/fix) to the environments.
- Builds cross border teams and lead USI staff in following the sun support model for key business services and applications.
- Transforms platform engineering and operations into service provider culture that focuses on client satisfaction, metrics, and strong teams.
- Accountable for capacity management and planning activities for the engineering and operations area, with responsibility oversite the hardware capacity around key Hana in-memory compute platforms.
- Partners with business and IT stakeholders to develop and drive SAP platform strategy, roadmaps, and product delivery with a structured approach typically annual upgrades and support of major Global and US-based projects that leverage the SAP platform.
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make? Who you'll work with:
In Global Technology Services, we make an impact by providing leading edge technology products and support to the entire Deloitte organization. We offer innovative technology solutions that cross borders and help Deloitte deliver and connect with their clients, their communities, and one another in ways they never thought possible. Qualifications:
How you'll grow:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- At least 10 years of experience in the IT field.
- Strong experience with SAP Technology hardware including HANA DB and Suite on Hana, Oracle, AIX, and Linux support a plus.
- Must have demonstrated experience setting a vision, building a team, and running infrastructure operations teams.
- Strong experience leading in a matrix organization with a high focus on teamwork.
- Proven track record of successfully adopting new technology at an enterprise-wide level.
- Experience leading the delivery of managed IT services to enterprise customers.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven track record of presenting to executive-level leadership.
- Strong experience leading a technical team with the ability to lead people, provide direction and set clear objectives.
- Knowledge of ITIL and standard Infrastructure Operations Processes for Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Experience operating in Agile, DevSecOps environment.
- Knowledge of information/cybersecurity application solution design and testing.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer:
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: D47650