Risk and Controls Associate
Description About this role About BlackRock
BlackRock is trusted to manage more money than any other investment manager in the world, helping millions of people and the world's biggest institutions and governments reach their investment goals. Our long-term success depends on our ability to fulfill our mission of creating better financial futures for our clients.
BlackRock's story is about new ideas, innovative thinking and growth through collaboration. In 1988, our founders set out to create a better asset management firm-one that was purpose-driven, focused on clients and risk management, and driven by data and technology. About US Wealth Advisory
The USWA business manages the firm's relationships with US-based retail firms and their advisors. We offer a full suite of products, services and capabilities, including iShares ETFs, mutual funds, retail separately managed accounts, model portfolios and sub-advisory solutions. USWA is one of BlackRock's major growth engines, and is a highly dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced and complex organization. Role Overview
This role resides in USWA's Chief Operating Office and is part of the Business Management & Oversight team. The incumbent's key objectives are to identify and mitigate risks before they become problems, and help ensure colleagues do the right things, the right way, in order to safeguard our firm and clients. Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Work with USWA department heads and process owners to understand standard and non-standard processes and identify areas of concern
- Analyze situations, processes and controls to determine unmitigated risk areas
- Work with process owners to devise and implement actions to mitigate risk, including detective and preventative controls
- Maintain project roadmap with key milestones and deliverables
- Develop and perform periodic tests of codified processes and controls to ensure they're working as intended
- Train colleagues on relevant processes and their responsibility to "see something, say something"
- Assist in the operationalization of USWA's risk and controls infrastructure
- Provide employee risk and controls report cards to executive leadership
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience within the asset management and/or retail financial services industries
- Background in audit, consulting and/or project management
- Experience leading projects from initiation to completion
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated comfort in dealing with ambiguity and complexity-with the ability to create order out of chaos
- Inquisitive nature, with a desire to learn more, fix things and improve outcomes
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.