Reliability Engineer eRoom
Deloitte leads with purpose,solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines andacross borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms bydeveloping and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creatingnew solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion forigniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organizationand those it supports.
Our mission is to deliver services that matter and achieve and sustain operational excellence. You will be at the heart of fullfilling our mission by bringing your software development experience to the table to own and help our vision of engineering reliability end to end. You will design and implement continuous improvement of the management, design, and function of our operational environments to achieve speed and reliability to enable business agility and happy users. Unlike anywhere else in the industry, we are creating roles and teams that combine deep software knowledge with operations to drive unmatched service reliability.
You will be part of our technology organization and have a great opportunity to work across various parts of Deloitte, including our development teams and other stakeholders to drive reliabilty upstream in the application lifecycle and across our operational environments.
Technical expertise is critical in order to imagine and drive technical improvements across our database, networking, and infrastructure teams, and to partner with our application teams, implementing more robust and performant applications for our internal solutions and business solutions (Tax, Audit, Consulting, Finance and Advisory Services).
You should be someone excited with the challenge of bringing new thinking to operations and is passionate about imaginging and implementing improvements and relentlessly pursues excellence, is a deep and broad technical expert, and can build trusting relationships across teams.
It's a new and exciting role to drive our organization further in world class operations. Responsibilities Role Specific Responsibilities
- Ensure user visible uptime and quality, providing operational and development expertise in making our systems fail rarely, and are fast to fix when they do fail
- Administer daily operations of servers including log review with escalation, patch & upgrade applications, manage backup & restoration implementation and testing.
- Install and manage windows servers and .NET applications running on windows servers.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews to provide recommended improvements to the development teams to improve the reliability and performance of applications
- Employee will participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule providing third-level incident response with other Information Technology team members.
- Minimize manual involvement by imagining & implementing continuous improvements that create an operating environment, including the development of new tools, dynamically monitoring, alerting, & automated self-healing & recovery
- Identify and/or analyze problems relating to mission critical services and implement automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Capable of presenting analyses and recommendations to leadership or discussing the technical merits of solutions with engineers and architects.
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services and server infrastructure
- Practice Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Strong experience with software engineering
- Experience managing Windows operating system
- Strong experience and working knowledge of .NET applications
- Strong experience with VSTS, or similar ALM tool
- Working knowledge of Azure Services, especially ARM templates
- Strong experience with PowerShell
- Strong working knowledge of system and network architecture
- Understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Build and release management experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Use of DevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., Chef, New Relic, Puppet, etc.)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform.
- Good experience with APM, Network monitoring and load balancer tools
- Experience and knowledge of database technologies, particularly MS SQL
- Knowledge of virtualization and its benefits for improving reliability
- Strong experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting, and responding relative to performance and availability of applications
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and application, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure
- Experience in designing for failure, including disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Experience operating and supporting mission-critical applications (e.g. incident and outage management)
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Knows what is possible using latest networking, infrastructure, database, and application technologies to driving automation and reliability improvements
- Excellent at building relationships across teams
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
- Proficient in ITIL concepts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer:
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE20USAGTS005LN0388