Quality Assurance Analyst - Enterprise Data
We're Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and growing. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can't operate. Firms that contribute to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
The Data License Platform UAT team within Enterprise Data at Bloomberg is responsible for crafting and carrying out QA test plans for all of our platform related changes. We are looking for someone with programming/coding skills to help us develop QA tools and drive the automation of our testing efforts. As a QA Analyst on the team, we'll expect you to:
You'll need to have:
- Design and Build out the Python-based test framework
- Test the distributed DL Platform using the Python-based test framework
- Outline the test strategy for functional testing as well as data quality testing
- Build and implement tests consistent with those strategies
- Participate in our sprint meetings and help establish a Test Driven Development approach for the development teams
- Craft and conduct performance and load tests to ensure the Platform performs and scales appropriately
- Plan and conduct integration, system, regression, performance, functional and non-functional tests of Data License platform
- Produce high quality documentation of test execution
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience with developing automation of QA functionality preferably using Python
- Experience in C++, .Net, Java is plus
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX/Windows
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills -- Exemplary presentation, training, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and lead projects to completion
- Knowledge of financial data and web development
- Experience with GitHub, Selenium
- Exposure to API Testing tools like SOAPUI, ReadyAPI, Postman is a plus.
Apply if you think we're a good match, and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.