Description About this role About BlackRock Alternative Investors
Charged with establishing BlackRock as clients' preeminent partner in alternative investing globally, BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) is one of the top five largest alternative asset managers in the world today. We are active in all asset classes and connect them in ways other firms can't match, operating on an integrated platform consisting of private equity, real estate, infrastructure, credit and hedge funds. Our scale means we offer expertise and access unique to BlackRock, and you'll collaborate with teams across our firm in unexpected ways. As part of a key growth engine for the firm, you'll be invited to continue building the platform that is shaping the future of Alts investing by inventing and evolving innovative investment ideas and tech solutions on a team that continuously outperforms - setting new standards.
Grow your career with the firm that's building tomorrow's alternatives platform, backed by a purpose that drives positive outcomes for our clients, our investments and the communities we serve. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Private Equity Partners (PEP) is the private equity investment solutions group at BlackRock, investing across primary fund, direct / direct co-investment, growth equity and secondary private equity strategies. Private Equity Partners has offices in Princeton, New York, London, Zürich and Hong Kong with total client assets of approximately USD 45 billion across a range of commingled funds and separate accounts for institutional and wealth clients. This position is with BlackRock Private Equity Partners' Product Strategy team in Princeton. Job Purpose/Background:
BlackRock Private Equity Partners' Product Strategy team is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious individual interested in working in a fast-paced, international environment as a member of a close-knit team in the alternative investment industry. The candidate assumes a multi-faceted role that requires a passion for private equity investments, an entrepreneurial spirit, strong analytical and conceptual skills, flexibility, as well as dedicated client service orientation.
The candidate will be responsible for leading a broad set of activities across business development, investor solutions design and implementation as well as client service, which requires developing a broad understanding of BlackRock Private Equity Partners' business and investment strategies. In fulfilling their tasks the position holder will have the opportunity to closely interact with the Private Equity Partners Investment Management team as well as other departments across BlackRock such as the Client Businesses, Risk Management & Quantitative Analysis, Legal, Tax, Fund Administration, Accounting, etc. Key Responsibilities: Investor Solutions / Product Development:
- Ideation and project management for new product development, including custom solutions (separate accounts) and new commingled products
- Includes managing the process through decisions on investment strategy, governance/cooperation framework, legal structuring, services, pricing, etc.
- Requires working within the PEP team to achieve consensus on business points and then coordinating with a range of teams across the firm to achieve desired outcomes (Tax, Legal, Reporting, COO, etc.)
- Private Equity Partners Product Strategy team members serve as the subject matter expert during sales process, working alongside the pure sales teams to progress clients through diligence processes
- Prepare content for and lead client meetings in close cooperation with the generalist Client Businesses and the specialist alternatives sales group
- Develop proposals in close cooperation with internal partner departments (including responses to requests for proposal, pitch decks)
- Create marketing material for external and internal use
- Respond to ad hoc client requests on a range of topics (Accounting, Reporting, Investment Performance, Portfolio Construction, etc.) across any/all of PEP's funds and accounts
- Prepare and deliver client portfolio reviews for separate accounts and commingled funds including quantitative and qualitative portfolio analyses; Work with sales teams to deliver smoothly and efficiently to clients
- Develop varied analyses (e.g. industry- / client-related)
- 8+ years' experience in the asset management / private market industry
- Private equity asset class experience highly preferred
- Strong relationship management skills with a consultative sales approach
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Proven project management skills
- Strong service orientation
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Persuasive and polished written and oral communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to assume additional responsibilities
- Teaching / mentoring mindset
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance & Economics or Legal
- Full proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.