Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
In the Data Management Lab, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to improve our systems, products and processes, establish links with key collaborators in the firm, and support the work of all teams in Data. The Role:
We are looking for a Process Engineering Manager to guide a team charged with optimizing data pipeline and â€œhuman in the loopâ€ (HITL) machine learning workflows. You will need to partner closely with engineering and data content teams to analyze existing workflows, find opportunities to best integrate human and machine labor, and establish standard methodologies across different workflow types. Moreover, you will have direct operational responsibility for HITL workflows contained within Data Management Lab.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to use your domain expertise, people leadership skills, and creativity to work on complex workflow challenges in a scalable manner. Collaborate across Data as your team will serve as a resource for outside teams that require expertise and training in process engineering. Doing so, will require critical thinking and collaboration with senior leadership. Weâ€™ll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop concrete standard methodologies in process engineering and HITL workflows, drawing upon existing practice in Bloomberg, industry standards, and relevant academic research
- Collaborate with Data and Engineering partners, including senior management, to develop an effective strategy for disseminating practical methodologies (e.g. training programs, workforce planning, etc.)
- Provide mentorship to teams on the use of tooling crafted to facilitate industrial processes (e.g. task routing, worklist management, process monitoring, etc.)
- Build evaluation methods to supervise adoption and performance of offered solutions
- Use excellent judgment to set clear and effective priorities, while prioritizing multiple projects
- Assess risk and rewards for multiple business units and run through expectations with collaborators
- Use business insight to achieve goals and objectives and act with integrity at all times
Weâ€™d love to see:
- Domain expertise in HITL workflows and/or process engineering; expertise could be earned by way of academic training at Masters or Ph.D. level plus experience or extended time working in industry
- Experience leading multiple sophisticated projects
- An experimental posture, and the statistical foresight to meaningfully evaluate experimental results
- A high-reaching attitude with an insatiable desire to solve problems in innovative way
- Strong project management and time leadership skills with the ability to take multiple projects to completion
- A keen understanding of how to lead and influence decision-makers
Does this sound like you?
- Experience with educating technical subjects and topics to individuals and groups
- Passion and ability to demonstrate how you lead teams across regions
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.