Oracle Financials Software Engineer - Business Operations & Enterprise Systems
- Not Specified
- Princeton, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jan 18 2018-01-14
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
We’re looking for the brightest engineering minds to solve the world’s most complex financial challenges. Join us in building and bettering connections to the world’s smartest FinTech platform. Aladdin.
Bringing together the best of a technology pioneer and a financial leader to offer engineers a truly unique place to make a difference.
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest asset management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. BlackRock Leverages BIGGER DATA. To deliver SMARTER MONEY - driving MASSIVE IMPACT in the lives of millions of people around the globe.
The Aladdin Product Group’s Business Operations Enterprise Systems team provides technology solutions for BlackRock's operations platform in addition to external client operations teams including investment accounting, performance measurement, reconciliations, derivatives management, corporate enterprise systems and client reporting. The Finance Operating Platform team is responsible for developing, implementing, connecting and supporting key Finance Operating systems globally. The remit extends to a wide variety of applications, with many different tech stacks across a wide range of in-house developed and externally hosted solutions.
This role offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to continue the build out of BlackRock’s operational capabilities. These are heavily relied upon products used across BlackRock and external clients.
We are seeking candidates with core development exposure to some of the biggest Third Party applications used in corporate environments – Oracle EBS R12, Hyperion Financial Management and Coupa but with a desire to expand their skillset to some of the latest technologies, such as AngularJS, RxJS, npm, Webpack, NodeJS, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Solr and Cassendra and more. The role will also afford the chance to learn about the FinTech industry.
- Work alongside project managers, other technical leads and business analysts to deliver world class FinTech solutions.
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment. Share and collaborate on findings and solutions with the wider group.
- Develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools and processes, including participation in tactical and strategic development projects. Challenge themselves and others to think of better ways to do business. Encourages themselves and others to investigate, probe, challenge and develop autonomous processes and development strategies to enhance the client experience.
- Understand and refine business and functional requirements. Partner with our business users to understand business process and think innovatively on how to use technology to drive business change.
- Team player – equally able to inspire as be inspired.
- 2+ years Oracle EBS (EBusiness Suite) R12
- 2+ years Oracle PL/SQL, API knowledge
- 2+ years JAVA
- 4+ years UNIX experience (ksh, bash, shell scripts).
- 4+ years of experience and CS degree or equivalent experience.
- Independent, motivated, and collaborative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Must have a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize time and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Any Oracle HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) knowledge
- Hibernate, Ant, Ivy, Spring, Junit development
- Any JSON, RESTful webservice development and or Oracle APEX (4.2 or 5)
- Any experience in object oriented scripting design and development experience (Python, Perl).
- Any experience with at least one NoSQL Database (Apache Cassandra)
- Interest in FinTech and financial markets
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.