NAV Oversight Associate - PRI
Description About this role
GAAPS Alternatives | Associate NAV Oversight PEP | Princeton About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
The Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) division is responsible for providing operational support to BlackRock's portfolio management teams and clients. GAAPS is central to business operations in providing subject matter expertise, monitoring fund administrator service delivery in relation fund accounting and financial reporting, monitoring operational capacity for new products, supporting projects in relation to product launches and liaising with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers.
- Demonstrate complete ownership of the day to day accounting and administrator oversight to ensure timely and accurate delivery of reporting to LPs by all team members across the group
- Supporting multiple internal and external partners over the course of the year requires strong interpersonal skills and an ability to understand third party requests and deliver solutions
- Ensure a robust control environment exists both at the fund service providers and internally to ensure risk of error is mitigated
- Responsible for regulatory compliance with SEC, NFA, and other regulations for products under your guidance
- Demonstrate expertise in management fee and carried interest calculations to ensure all revenue is calculated in accordance with fund legal documents
- Responsible for engaging with senior audit partners around complex accounting topics and successful planning, coordination and completion of audited financials each year across the platform
- Participate in investor due diligence meetings, as required for product set, and explain the controls in place to ensure clients are comfortable with the oversight and control environment
- Drive increased efficiency and innovation through continuous review of operating procedures and planning / evaluating technology improvements.
- 3+ years of investment / fund accounting / public accounting (audit) work experience or equivalent. Alternative investment experience, specifically in Closed End/Private Equity required.
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting (strongly preferred) or Finance. CPA a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate and effective accounting skills including knowledge of GAAP and financial statements.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Ability to manage projects and team members, work under pressure, and hit deadlines.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.