Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Bloomberg's Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal and ultimately feeds and moves the financial markets.
We are looking for a senior leader to lead our Macro and Geospatial Data department at Bloomberg. The Macro and Geospatial Data Manager will be part of the senior Data leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for building a strategy, growing and leading a global team and maturing Data's capability in producing strategic insights. Further, the ideal candidate would have the skills to effectively identify business needs and gaps in our macro, economic, commodities and geospatial datasets. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Establish and implement a data strategy that aligns with and accelerates Bloomberg business objectives in the Macro and Geospatial Data space
- Work closely with key stakeholders and data subject matter experts to develop aligned data models that are easily digested and consumed by all downstream processes and users
- Collaboratively create and oversee policies, procedures, best practices and frameworks to govern how the data is collected, stored, enriched, structured and accessed
- Establish best practices to ensure data is consistent and compatible throughout our product offerings and of high quality
- Work closely with key stakeholders and data subject matter experts
- Build and maintain relationships with engineering and technology teams to ensure the data architecture meets the needs
- Gain buy-in and appropriate resource allocation from senior management and other stakeholders to make prioritization decisions
- Partner with HR to recruit, retain and develop diverse talent within your organization
- A minimum of 8-12 years experience leading teams and similar experience that has prepared you for this role, which includes:
- Experience creating data pipelines, improving data workflows, and building comprehensive data models
- Proven ability to align with and collaborate across multiple engineering and technology teams to design and deliver scalable data solutions
- Knowledge of data enrichment best practices for datasets with rich and varying metadata fields
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Analysis or related STEM field; an advanced degree is highly preferred
- Past exposure and ability to define and build a new capability and team around that capability
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of data governance, data analysis, data quality and data protection management practices
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research and surface insights that lead to commercial outcomes
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/ usage data and by interviewing users)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.