Localization Specialist - Japanese
What's the role?
You will be joining our Localization team that supports Bloomberg's products for the Japanese speaking market. As part of our global Localization team, you will be responsible for providing high quality Japanese translations such as software localization, marketing materials, company information and financial content, editing of financial analysis, and QA of analytical tools to our local clients. You will work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product for the local market. Join our growing global Localization team that supports Bloomberg sales efforts by providing products for the Japanese speaking market. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Native level fluency in Japanese, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese, including familiarity with local culture and customs.
- Solid knowledge and experience of the financial markets and advanced concepts to translate and edit financial content.
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus on Linguistics, Translation, and Language Localization
- A must translation and editing experience from English to Japanese, with the ability to translate and edit from Japanese into English.
- Demonstrable research skills
- Motivated and dedicated work ethic; ability to work as part of a team and be a self-starter to work independently, with minimal supervision, and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to lead multiple projects, independently balance tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and closely collaborating with other teams.
- Strong knowledge of Localization processes and knowledge and practical applications of CAT tools and terminology management.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to work in Princeton NJ.
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship.
Does this sound like you?
- Ability to build and maintain custom tools (Python, SQL or VBA)
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to actively contribute to improve processes for localization
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.