Lead I Software Engineer
Job Description The Role:
Lead /Senior Engineer Grade:
New York The Team:
In partnership with Product Management and Quality Assurance, your team shares a common mission to create products that satisfy our users. Your team will enable product engineering teams, promises engineering excellence and deliver high-quality end product . Business impact:
This product line includes a large portfolio of analytical tools and models that enable a global team of Ratings Analysts to analyze, gain insight, score and contribute critical insights to our core Ratings process. With these products you will help our global team of Ratings Analysts, Methodology and Criteria specialists create world class ratings & research across more than 90 global economies enabling them to create and test hypothetical 'what if' credit-risk scenarios and perform a host of other critical analytical tasks.
We are looking for a senior Product Engineer to lead a global staff of software developers for our Analytical Tools product line comprising a large suite of interrelated tools, models, business-critical capabilities and applications. You will be responsible for helping to build our agile organization and align to a culture of continuous improvement, partnership, trust and sharing. You will lead a global staff of software engineers and partner with your Product Management and Quality peers to support a large, global group of agile scrum teams. Retaining and attracting high performing talent and driving measurable business value is a passion.
Fundamental to this position is a demonstrable ability to combine your strong agile leadership and problem solving skills with deep technical and delivery know how. You have exceptional collaboration and communication skills, are highly motivated, creative and engaged. As a servant leader, you will enable experienced engineers and the teams they support to drive business value while your organization focuses on, planning, building, improving, innovating and contributing to the product vision. Compensation and Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
- Hands on senior programmer with strong analytical, architecture, development and debugging skills
- Lead your team with empathy and compassion. Focus on building a team culture that is based on trust. Inspire your team member so that they focus on continuous growth.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility with assignments. This includes understanding requirements, technical specifications, design, architecture, implementation, unit testing, builds/deployments, and code management.
- Ensure compliance through the adoption of enterprise standards and promotion of best practice / guiding principles aligned with organization standards.
- Should drive and execute complex technical requirements.
- Be in tune with emerging trends C loud and Big Data technologies
- Interface with users, business analysts, quality assurance testers and other teams as needed.
- Be a self-starter that is also an excellent team player.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oration skills.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
Nice to have qualifications:
- 8 -12 years f ull stack development experience in modern web development technologies, Java/J2EE, Hibernate, Microsoft Office Automation including development of complex Excel models using modern and legacy Microsoft & J ava solutions, Python, R, REST/OData, AWS, Angular, Tomcat, JMS, SQL, Oracle
- 8-12 years h ands-on experience contributing to application architecture & designs, proven software/enterprise integration design patterns and full-stack knowledge including modern distributed front end and back end technology stacks
- Quality first mindset with a strong background and experience with developing products for a global audience at scale
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Financial services industry experience
- Strong experience and understanding in cloud based technologies, design patterns and best practices
- Good understanding of da ta models, data architecture & Oracle 12C (PL/SQL).
- Experience supporting production environments
- Proficient in building applications using serverless frameworks and containers using Dockers and Kubernetes
- Proficient with working on AWS
- Familiarity with Python , R and Big Data technologies such as Spark is a plus
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment tools like ADO, Jenkins.
- Good understanding and usage of JSON Java Libraries, XML Java libraries, Linux scripting and developing Unix shell scripts
- Experience with Test Tools such as SOAPUI, Jmeter , Postman and be able to create Junit Test cases, Performance testing, Load testing
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261285 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States