Lead I, Software Engineer
S&P Global Market Intelligence Title:
Lead II Software Engineer Location:
Virtual OR NJ Grade:
S&P Global Marketplace technology team consists of geographically diversified software engineers responsible to develop scalable solutions by working directly with product development team.
Our team culture is oriented towards equality in the realm of software engineering irrespective of hierarchy promoting innovation. One should feel empowered to iterate over ideas and experimentation without having fear of failure. Impact
You will enable S&P business to showcase our proprietary S&P Global data, combine it with "curated" alternative data, further enrich it with value-add services from Kensho and others, and deliver it via the clients' channel of choice to help them make better investment and business decisions, with confidence. What you can expect
An unmatched experience in handling huge volumes of data, analytics, visualization, and services over cloud technologies along with appreciation in product development life cycle to convert an idea into revenue generating stream. Responsibilities
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate software engineer to develop technology solutions for S&P global marketplace product. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using cutting edge technologies consisting of web applications, data pipelines, big data, machine learning and multi-cloud. The development is already underway so the candidate would be expected to get up to speed very quickly & start contributing.
• Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support of tech solutions
• Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
• Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
• Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
• Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Respond to and resolve production issues. Compensation and Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $62,600 - $168,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires What we are looking for
Required technical skills:
- A minimum of 8+ years of significant experience in application development.
- Develop design and architecture exposure and ability to ensure quality across various technology components that are developed by geographically diversified software engineer
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Experience working with high volume data and computationally intensive system.
- Garbage collection friendly programming experience - tuning java garbage collection & performance is a must.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Mentor teams, innovate and experiment, give face to business ideas and present to key stakeholders
Desirable technical skills:
- Build data pipelines
- Utilize platforms like snowflake, talend, databricks etc.
- Utilize cloud managed services like AWS Step functions, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB
- Develop custom solutions using Apache nifi, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Hive, and/or Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Develop federated data services to provide scalable and performant data APIs, REST, GraphQL, OData
- Write infrastructure as code to develop sandbox environments
- Provide analytical capabilities using BI tools like tableau, power BI etc.
- Feed data at scale to clients that are geographically distributed
Java, React, HTML/CSS, API development, micro-services pattern, cloud technologies and managed services preferably AWS, Big Data and Analytics, Relational databases preferably Postgresql, NoSql databases, nifi, Airflow, Spark, Hive, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud Data Flow, Netty, Akka, Esper, Redis, Google protobuf, Google Guice, Google Guava, Spring Cloud. S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
259783 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States