The Location: Princeton, NJ or NYC The Team:We are the Real-time backend team working with exchange provided market data. We are the center place to provide real time capabilities to various consumers. We are a very small team of 7 members and works on all cutting edge technologies. Our team values are honesty, fairness and discipline.
The Impact:We are working on the top most business priority for the organization which is to provide real time market data on to the web product. This product is designed to support 75,000 concurrent users.
What’s in it for you:You will get to work on cutting edge technologies and work on the back end system capable of delivering real-time streaming.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate lead software developer to work on the next-generation real-time financial data web platform. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using multiple technologies and spanning across multiple geographically located data centers. The development is already underway so the candidate would be expected to get up to speed very quickly & start contributing.
- Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support of tech solutions
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 8+ years of significant experience in application development.
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Required technical skills: Strong Core Java, Socket Programming, API development with concurrency & distributed application development experience.
- Desirable technical skills: Micro-services pattern, Netty, Akka, Esper, Redis, Google protobuf, Google Guice, Google Guava, Spring Cloud.
- Experience working with high volume data and computationally intensive system.
- Garbage collection friendly programming experience - tuning java garbage collection & performance is a must.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.