Investment Operations Analyst
Description About this role Private Equity Partners - Investment Operations Analyst
BlackRock was founded to provide answers and leadership to the investors who entrust their money and their futures to us. As the world's largest investment manager, with more than $5 trillion invested on behalf of our clients around the world, BlackRock takes its responsibility to build better financial futures very seriously. That's why we bring together the best and brightest people - and give you the skills and support you need to make a career for yourself and a difference in today's New World of Investing™. We're looking for people who are natural-born problem solvers, innovators and leaders - the sort of people who can help us deliver strong investment performance, develop industry-leading technology, and build strong client relationships. BlackRock provides a range of solutions from rigorous asset management aimed at maximizing returns, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets, to alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. The BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) team is charged with establishing BlackRock as the preeminent provider of alternative investment products globally. BlackRock has over $100 billion in alternative assets including hedge funds, private equity, real estate, real assets, and other hybrid strategies. Description of Group
Location: Princeton, New York, London or Zurich
BlackRock Private Equity Partners ("PEP"), as an integral part of BAI, provides a broad array of private market solutions primarily through customized and commingled private equity funds of funds and direct co-investment programs. PEP operates as an integrated global team with major offices in Princeton, London, Zurich and Hong Kong. On behalf of-and in partnership with-our clients, we look to build diversified portfolios of investments across the spectrum of private markets including Venture Capital, Leverage Buyouts (LBOs), Distressed, Mezzanine, Infrastructure and Real Assets on a global basis. PEP manages more than $26 billion in private equity commitments. Brief Summary of Analyst Position
PEP is looking for an investment operations professional to join the investment team as an Analyst focused on investment operations! Investment operations analysts are an integral part of the team, whose role includes but is not limited to: participating in legacy portfolio monitoring, post-investment monitoring and reporting, assisting in calculations around investment allocations, assisting in building out PEP's eFront platform in conjunction with the digital strategy team, and undertaking responsibilities around onboarding of new investments. The candidate will be an active participant in ensuring the fluidity of the investment process, helping to supervise our legacy portfolio and providing connectivity to the various operations teams that support PEP.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's degree and some relevant training or investment experience. Industry experience in operations, fund accounting or previous private equity experience is a plus! This position demands excellent communications skills, perseverance and creativity in accessing information, the ability to balance multiple tasks, but most importantly, the ability to work effectively in a cross-border, team environment. Responsibilities
- Participate in the monitoring of legacy investments and monitoring portfolios (funds, secondaries), including preparing summary reports
- Maintain relationships with intermediaries and private equity fund general partners of legacy investments
- Process corporate actions under guidance of CIO Office
- Coordinate with fund accounting and investor relations on capital call funding and timing
- Work on track record analysis and adhoc projects related to portfolio construction
- Develop an understanding of the beginning-to-end of various investment management functions, particularly the requirements & implications for upstream & downstream partners
- Partner with investment team deal leads and internal support teams to manage execution-related aspects of co-investment transactions and primary fund commitments; help coordinate allocations and checklists
- Help support PEP's SME for portfolio construction and planning of investment targets
- Analyze existing SMAs and commingled funds to assess portfolio optimization around gross/net spread differentials, potential return scenarios, credit facility utilization, and potential wind-down scenario planning
- Assist in the preparation of summary review materials in support of internal quarterly reviews, external investor reports, and advisory board meetings
- Become an E-Front "Power User" which includes parallel processing allocations and various support files in excel and E-Front, working with Digital Strategy on the testing, implementation and roll-out of E-Front reports, and
- Gain familiarity with financial databases such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Preqin, etc.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in an operations, business management, technology or risk role
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Excel and VBA; Experience with Tableau & E-Front a plus
- Organizational and time-management skills; ability to think quickly and react urgently to time-sensitive situations
- Communication skills - Ability to effectively formulate and articulate opinions persuasively both verbally and in written form
- Attention to detail is extremely critical
- Analytical and critical thinking - Ability to identify and articulate key investment considerations and risks. Ability to constructively review and critique other team members' work, and willingness to receive and respect alternate points of view
Good interpersonal & team skills - Comfortable with consensus decision-making and working in a cross-border, global team-based environment Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.