Investment Guidelines Analyst
- Not Specified
- Princeton, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Portfolio Compliance Syndicate Group is primarily responsible for reviewing new issues and voluntary corporate action events to ensure in compliance with regulatory requirements and client specific guidelines. The group is engaged with and provides services to many other departments across the firm in particular; Portfolio Management, Trading, Global Client Group, Operations and Legal & Compliance.Key Responsibilities:
- Front End reviews for all new issues that come to market
- Work closely with Gurgaon team (STAR) members on front end reviews and other processes
- Ongoing training of the STAR and oversight of members and their responsibilities
- London/ Asia Pre-cleared not yet traded
- Identify inefficiencies in Global review process and improve processes
- Final retrieval and reviews
- Post trade reports for London/ Asia, to help identify issues and resolved within the same day
- Assist US with front end reviews and additional post trade reports
- Assist with Syndicate and affiliate blocks on the CRM on Dashboard.
- Participating in efficiency and improvement initiatives by providing ideas and suggestions on possible enhancements to systems or processes.
- Documentation of procedures
- Projects as required
- Exposure to all business groups and investment products across Blackrock globally
- Daily interaction with business groups including Portfolio Management, Trading, Legal and Compliance, Global Capital Market team, Financial Crimes and colleagues within Portfolio Compliance.
- Exposure to global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions
- Opportunity to be part of and develop within a truly global international group and firm
- Opportunity to take responsibility and ownership for projects
Knowledge / Experience:College graduates with a background in finance or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is beneficial. Although not required, knowledge of programming languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) are beneficial.Skills / Qualifications:
- Strong IT Skills
- College Graduates with a background in finance or similar fields
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines
- Strong team player
- Analytical mind and approach
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active approach to issue resolution
- Ability to recognize individual and team objectives and goals
- Ability to facilitate compromise between conflicting requirements or points of view
The Portfolio Compliance Group at BlackRock is seeking outstanding candidates to join a vibrant and growing team. The group is a critical unit within the organization and is a central link in the investment process. The position has significant visibility with senior management and direct interaction with other units of the firm.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.