Global Data - Entity Specialist
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In our Global Data department, we are responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective.
The Entities team is responsible for providing legal entity master data for over 5 million public and private companies. Our data sets include corporate structure, sanction data, descriptive data, identification (LEI), and classification (BICS). Our information lives on the terminal and is available for purchase through our Enterprise Data business. As a part of the team, you will work closely with Sales and Product groups, Data Analysts and Software Engineers to collect, validate and maintain our data sets.
What's the role?
The specialist will be responsible for adding and maintaining records in the entity database and proactively monitoring the evolving regulatory environment. This includes the LEI (Legal Entity Identifier), sanctions, company structure and risk. The analyst will interact with clients, Data License, internal Help Desk, and other data teams globally. They will also:
You will need to have:
- Perform entity risk assessment
- Create, implement and test internal controls
- Train internal stakeholders
- Research corporate hierarchy documentation
- Respond to client queries regarding the data and product functionality
- Process escalation requests to resolve data discrepancies
- Assist sales on client calls
- Examine processes and providing improvement recommendations
We'd love to see:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Law or equivalent work experience
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Customer Service skills
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Experience with Python, SQL or Java
- Secondary language a plus
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other