GD News Acquisition Data Analyst
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal -- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets! We're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a member of our Global Data News Acquisition Team, your goal will be to work with our News Core, Print News, and Global Data teams to identify areas of opportunity and use your technical skills to acquire content from the web. You will be responsible for creating BBOT web crawling jobs, as well as efficient, flexible and scalable scripts (Python) to automate the acquisition, extraction, and validation of content in the Bloomberg environment.
Our technologies are built to create an efficient infrastructure for News and Global Data. Our team is comprised of individuals who are responsible for gathering data using our in-house web-crawling and extraction technologies. This role will expand our team's development by acquiring relevant news content and generating metadata for consumption by our users. As a News Technical Expert, in this role you will collaborate with Global Data and News stakeholders to identify opportunities for acquisition in the most efficient manner. Each of these components plays an integral role in delivering value-added market-moving, revenue-generating information to our clients.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Our diverse team hosts a variety of technical skills, analytical minds, and entrepreneurial spirits. We are looking for people with passion to learn, innovate, teach and build. We do our best work together - and we hope that you'll join us. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Apply a combination of subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate/acquire premium news content using proprietary tools
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Liaise with stakeholders to gather requirements, perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem mitigation
- Perform systematic quality control to ensure data accuracy
- Exercise good news judgment and operate under deadline pressure
We'd love to see:
- A bachelor's degree with at least two years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
- Ability to troubleshooting technical issues relating to the automated systems we employ
- Project management experience and organizational skills
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Previous web crawling, API, penetration testing, ethical hacking experience
- Familiarity with web security, testing, and scanning applications like Burp Suite
- Experience with Python libraries like BeautifulSoup and Pandas
- Previous News experience, News judgement
- Familiarity with company filings, earnings press releases, macroeconomic reports
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.