: Lead Software Developer Grade Level 12
(for internal purposes only) The Team
: The team is responsible for Application/Content Systems Development and Real-time content ingestion of Pricing and News datasets. The team works in an environment that gives ample opportunities to use creative ideas to take on complex design and architectural problems. We have teams made up of people that learn how to work effectively together, while working with the larger group of developers on our platform. Opportunities are presented every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and you have the opportunity to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The Location
: Princeton, NJ The Impact:
As a member of the MI Systems Development, Real-time content ingestion and Application development at S&P Global Market Intelligence, you will work with a group of intelligent and visionary engineers recruited from top universities and industries to build impactful productivity tools for our clients. Our Software Engineers are involved in the full product life cycle, from design through release. You will be expected to participate in the design, review process, write high-quality code, and work with a dedicated team of QA Analysts, Business Analysts, and Software Engineers.
What's in it for you?
• Build a career with a global company
• Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
• Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
• Work as a senior lead developer with extensive hands on development for the entire SDLC
• Work closely with product owners, technology partners to understand and clarify requirements
• Design and develop highly scalable industry-leading backend applications and services
• Analyze, isolate issues and resolve them
• Continuously improve the architecture and quality of the code
What we're looking for:
• Bachelors /Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
• 10 years of experience in application development using .NET technologies
• Strong expertise and knowledge in .Net, C#, REST Services, Windows Services, Data Structures, Multithreading, Design Patterns, MS SQL Server
• Good understanding of caching systems
• Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies
Required technical skills:
• C#, .NET/ Java, React, HTML/CSS
• API development, micro-services pattern, cloud technologies and managed services preferably AWS,
• Relational databases preferably SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL databases
• Exposure to nifi, Airflow, Spark, Hive, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud Data Flow, Netty, Akka, Esper, Redis, Google protobuf, Google Guice, Google Guava, Spring Cloud is a plus.
• Utilize cloud managed services like AWS Step functions, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB
• Develop custom solutions using Apache nifi, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Hive, and/or Spring Cloud Data Flow
• Develop federated data services to provide scalable and performant data APIs, REST, GraphQL, OData
• Write infrastructure as code to develop sandbox environments
• Provide analytical capabilities using BI tools like tableau, power BI etc.
• Feed data at scale to clients that are geographically distributed Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 - $230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
262854 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States