Director, Senior Lead Architect
The Role: Director, Sr Lead, Architecture Engineering
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ): G13
The Location: Charlottesville, VA; Princeton, NJ; 55 Water St New York, New York; Centennial, CO
The Team: The core data services team supports S&P Global Market Intelligence data access tier that deliver valuable insights to our clients.
The Impact: You will provide technical guidance and work with the team and stakeholders to identify a plan and execution in delivering data at scale.
What's in it for you: Further your understanding and experience of integrating data using the latest technologies and supporting processes. Make a global impact -- your contributions affect how users across the globe receive essential insights from S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- Ensure data platform is reliable, scalable, and meets performance requirements
- Ensure data privacy and security requirements are met
- Help define data platform roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs, considering architectural issues and tradeoffs
- Perform technical feasibility studies of new technologies and architectures, including evaluation of commercial tools and components.
- Guide the product owners and software developers for the software application and data platform to architect and design the solution.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science / Software Engineering or related field along with 10+ years of hands-on experience in Software Design and Development of Enterprise application sofware with 3+ years on big data architecture and enterprise scale application
- Experience in MSSQL, PL-SQL
- Experience in .NET (C#) or Java
- Extensive experience working in AWS environment
- Exposure to Hadoop and Big Data technologies
- Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL storage, and Data Warehouse design
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $122,200 to $230,200 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
266117 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States