Bloomberg runs on data, and as the Data team we're responsible for acquiring it, adding customer value and providing that value to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal. We identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes-and all this while providing platinum customer support to clients.
The Third Party Market Benchmarks Team supports Bloomberg's suite of Indices to fulfill our clients' benchmarking needs. In addition to establishing and maintaining our strong relationships with Third Party Index data providers, the Market Benchmarks team is dedicated to developing the most efficient ways to ensure our data acquisition, data processing and data delivery mechanisms are accurate, timely and meet Bloomberg's highest quality standards.
What's the role?
Our team is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for finance and knowledge of the Fixed Income Markets! As a Data Specialist you will apply your problem-solving skills to handle the financial data that fosters Bloomberg products, identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our products, systems and processes, and establish links with key players in the financial market. You will be expected to learn the Index domain through experiencing our workflows first-hand and participating in our customer service queue. In addition, you will work closely with our Fixed Income Index data providers, our internal engineering team and our product collaborators to continue our efforts related to Fixed Income Index onboarding, establishing effort-appropriate timeliness and quality KPIs and SLAs, relationship management, error diagnostics and remediation.
We will also rely on you, along with your teammates, to support the critical and time-sensitive population of data required within reports run by clients upon the delivery and publication of our Fixed Income Index data. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Handle and maintain our Bloomberg Index Database
- Build and improve relationships with our Index data providers
- Provide in-depth customer support for users of our Bloomberg products
- Ensure the quality of the data provided to our clients by supervising and solving issues as they arise for timely delivery of our third party data
- Analyze internal processes to see opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions (e.g., build prototypes that illustrate and validate requirements)
- Leverage tried experience, understanding of our datasets and needs of our clients to find opportunities to improve the value of our data product
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Use statistics and data visualization to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as the need arises
- Partner with a wide variety of collaborators including Engineering, Content Acquisition and Sales on product development and execution
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Information Systems, STEM, or a related degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry
- Experience and/or interest in market benchmarks and how they are used by Bloomberg users
- Familiarity using one or more data related programming/script languages (e.g., Python, R, SQL)
- Excellent project management skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Problem solving mentality
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
Does this sound like you?
- Strong financial skills, particularly in fixed income securities
- Experience or knowledge of PORT including how Bloomberg clients use PORT data for risk analysis.
- Experience demonstrating Global Data Tech Stack components
- Agile/Scrum Project Management experience
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.