Data Scientist, Dividend Forecasting
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Our Global Data team drives the algorithms and analytics at the core of what we do. Working across industries and asset classes, we draw on expertise from all backgrounds to identify the most impactful insights for our clients. We build on our knowledge of data trends to determine how customer needs might change over time, and code the foundation to support those changes. Whether it's identifying strong users of data sets like FX or creating more efficient data architecture, we write the programs, analyze patterns, and make recommendations to reduce customer churn and grow business success across the firm. The entire organization utilizes Global Data to forecast, set, and achieve their own goals. Our work leads directly to client satisfaction, which contributes to Bloomberg's profitability and ability to keep innovating.
Each member of Global Data has full ownership of their multidisciplinary role: we are nimble, autonomous, fast-paced, and work with purpose. And we'd like you to join us.
We'll trust you to:
Does this sound like you?
- Rise to the challenge: research new data sets and use your technical subject matter expertise to recommend new product offerings and generate premium content
- Drive operations: draw on your scripting and programming skills to report on project progress, -create data visualizations, and propose new methods of analysis
- Implement innovation: analyze metadata and current processes to find opportunities for improvement
- Influence priorities: Review market conventions and data relationships to set rules for data validation
- Achieve your purpose: optimize processes, lead projects, and improve the quality of the products sought by internal and external end-users
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM fields
- 2+ years of programming and scripting experience in a Python production environment
- Consistent track record of using technology to innovative data products and processes
- Proficiency using data and statistical modeling and machine learning methods to solve real world problems
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.