At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
On the Data Quality team, you will lead the charge to ensure high quality data that moves markets around the world. Our team sits within the Data Management Labs department, alongside our Data Modeling and Data Governance teams. Together this group is responsible for defining the strategy and practical implementation steps for data management practices in our wider Data department at Bloomberg - ensuring the data we provide our clients meets their needs.
Within Data Quality, we use data from diverse sources to fuel useful analytics that drive decision-making across the Bloomberg Data organization. We partner closely with all Data Product teams, Engineering, and the Training team to champion solutions that meet the needs of our client-facing products. Primary themes in this area include focusing on the standard methodologies, training, and tooling used to ensure that our data products are ultimately fit-for-purpose. Our goal is to empower our Data Product teams to exceed client expectations and be leaders in the financial data services industry.
As a valued member of our team, we'll trust you to:
You'll likely have a strong combination of the following:
- Lead global projects for data integration, quality, and reporting for the Bloomberg Data products
- Showcase subject-matter expertise in organizational data management, identify practical solutions to improve data systems
- Develop processes to scale impact, addressing otherwise unstructured problems
- Develop the strategy for how to achieve best-in-class data quality, and champion organizational change around data quality, through standard practices and training
- Contribute to formulating a program/strategy to increase awareness and adoption of key data quality principles
- Continue learning about industry trends, standards, and innovation within the Data Quality domain
- Engage with internal collaborators to understand business needs and define requirements, performing data profiling and data analysis to drive decision making
- Partner with Engineering counterparts, providing clear prioritization, defining return on investment, and collaborating on technical solutions
- Deliver both product (external, client-facing) and operational (internal, data management) analytical insights and visualizations
- Contribute code to improve features and functionality of our technology stack
- Work alongside senior management across the organization to meet product needs
- A BA/BS degree in a Business, Finance or Technology field, and/or professional work experience, in Business Analysis, Data Management, or Data Quality
- Financial markets knowledge, as this team empowers the Bloomberg Data products
- Strong analytical and dashboarding skills, Qlik Sense and Python are a plus
- Proficiency in data modeling, and working with directly with databases, SQL is a plus
- Proficiency in data transformation, and extract-transform-load pipelines, Python is a plus
- Knowledge and applied understanding of industry standard Data Quality dimensions and related KPI metrics
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Powerful collaboration skills to work across departments and with global teams
- Project Management skills: ideation, prioritization, communication, and delivery
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future * Please note this role can be based out of our NYC or Princeton, NJ office
Don't possess 100% of the above requirements? Consider applying anyway and showcase your unique value.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.