Alternatives Operations & Client Services Vice President-PRI
Description About this role
GAAPS Alternatives | Vice President Client Services | Princeton About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $9 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
The successful candidate will join the 28-person Alternatives Client Services team in providing timely and accurate information to our clients and prospects that is consistent with the established BlackRock brand and messaging, as well as Transfer Agency oversight on our third party providers. The Alternatives Client Services (ACS)team support all of BlackRock's privately placed alternatives products, including hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, private credit, private equity, special opportunity and real asset funds. Responsibilities for this position will involve a heavy concentration in day-to-day communications, reporting and data entry focusing on BlackRock's alternative product platform.
Your daily tasks may include:
- Servicing as the liaison with clients and 3rd parties, fielding inquiries, researching requests, and coordinating appropriate responses
- Assisting and handling the document review process ensuring efficient processes are instituted and executed while maintaining a consistent focus on the client experience. Eliminating rework loops and adhering to department standards. Coordinating and tracking document updates with BlackRock Legal and outside counsel
- Leading and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Overseeing account level reporting and distributions to clients (i.e. monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Coordinating cash flow management with clients and portfolio managers (e.g. contributions, redemptions, and product updates with clients / 3rd parties). Tracking and handling client cash flow activity within proprietary trading system
- Assisting the transfer agent with client on-boarding, account set up, and data management. Building client profiles and investor attribute universe
- Ensuring integrity of communications tools through data entry and maintenance. Deploying exception reporting within client data universe and performing regular analysis to ensure integrity/preservation.
- Transfer Agent oversight and quality control. Work with our 3rd parties to create transparency between BlackRock and vendors and ensure a positive client experience.
- Guiding team members as needed in successful completion of Alternative Client Support processes, deliverables and or improvements
- 5-10 years' experience (desired but not required) working within a financial services or banking platform, with financial securities, private placements, and limited offerings a plus.
- Confirmed acumen for financial concepts, ability to speak intelligently and confidently while using applied financial reasoning.
- Highly attentive, ability to focus, excellent follow-through, flexibility and stellar grammar and English skills.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, able to change directions quickly, and capable of working well with strong personalities.
- Strong background in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Capacity to multi-task, balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to support cross-functional projects and teams
- Business, Financial, and Legal acumen
- Facility to grasp complex concepts and details quickly
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of administrative fundamentals
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.