APM Observability Engineer, AVP
Who we are looking for
The person will be supporting the implementation of Dynatrace product to support the performance management / monitoring of applications as well using the technology to support problem determination / remediation. This includes supporting the configuration of the APM agents for the application being on boarded as well as any configuration changes to the APM consoles system in support of those application.
In order to do so the person requires Windows, Linux knowledge. Working knowledge of J2EE and .NET applications. What you will be responsible for
As APM Observability Engineer, Assistant Vice President you will
What we value
- Operate and upgrade the Dynatrace platform in a High availability mode.
- Automation of operational aspects of the tool using Ansible and other scripting tools like Python for deploying and on-boarding agents on applications running on physical and Containers.
- Help users to on-board their Java, .Net Core, .Net, Python based applications on the Dynatrace platform.
- Debug and triage application and infrastructure issues using Dynatrace.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Capable of working on multiple projects
- Project management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 5 years of IT service operations experience
- 2+ years of experience in APM tools such as Dynatrace or AppDynamics or New Relic
- Python/Shell scripting
- Expertise in application instrumentation and monitoring
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
- Experience with performing technical and costing exercises that will drive future tool selection
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or equivalent experience/certifications
- Strong communication skills
- Able to function rationally and methodically in a high productivity environment.
Why this role is important to us
- Experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible Tower
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge on Log analysis tools like Splunk / ELK / etc.
- Knowledge on Windows 2008-2019 OS, Linux, Solaris and AIX
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers