Deployment Specialist, Consulting
CTS Deployment Specialist-Consulting
Our mission for Resource Management is to optimize deployment of our workforce by assigning our professionals to roles that satisfy the needs of our external clients, develop our people, and support our strategic business priorities. Work you'll do
The Deployment Specialist is a consultative and service-oriented resource management professional who directly supports the deployment needs of our individual client service professionals. The Deployment Specialist is responsible for driving deployment, ensuring deployment data quality, and providing staffing-related advice to our professionals.
The Deployment Specialist engages with our client service professionals by assisting in the search for new assignments, collecting information on strengths and preferences, advising on successful navigation the deployment processes, confirming schedule information, and directing professionals to other appropriate contacts and information sources.
The Deployment Specialist partners with the business Talent Group Leader to manage practitioner deployment and deployment information for the designated Talent Group.
To optimize deployment and best serve our professionals, the Deployment Specialist maintains deep knowledge of current business priorities, service offerings, skills profiles, client engagements, and active client pursuits.
The Deployment Specialist collaborates with the Deployment Analyst Team to maintain the timeliness, quality, and completeness of the deployment-related data for his/her assigned business area. The Deployment Specialist supports the Engagement Staffing Managers by proposing and confirming candidates for open project needs, and they collaborate provide an integrated and exceptional deployment experience to our engagement teams and professionals. Job Responsibilities
- Assist professionals in the search for suitable project assignments that align with their skills, goals, and/or staffing preferences - both within and across businesses
- Identify priority populations of professionals, and work proactively and with urgency to deploy them and meet their broader deployment needs
- Advise professionals on the relevant business factors that should be considered as they seek future assignments and engage with potential project leaders
- Provide Consulting Talent Group Leader with information on availability or utilization for individual professionals or the relevant population overall, as needed to supplement to standard reporting package
- Facilitate the resolution of staffing conflicts or other deployment escalations with the Talent Group Leader, providing recommendations as appropriate
- Update schedule data with the outcomes of deployment activity or interactions with professionals, leveraging or collaborating with the Deployment Analyst Team, as appropriate
- Review schedule data proactively to maintain high degree of timelines, accuracy, and completeness; collaborate with Deployment Analysts to address any data gaps
- Review schedule confirmation, variance, resume, and skills data proactively to identify any compliance issues; initiate applicable compliance processes and/or collaborate with the Deployment Analyst Team to address, as needed
- Direct practitioners to available information sources on resource management metrics, tools, and compliance responsibilities
- Partner with Talent Group (TG) Leader to respond to market needs for hot skills with training and/or development opportunities for practitioners
- Provide additional practitioner information to Engagement Staffing Managers, as needed, to drive deployment or assist with filling open engagement needs
- Provide Deployment Specialist Team Lead with observed trends, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concern related to practitioners within designated business area
- Provide Talent Group Leader with standard reporting and information, for example: rosters, schedules, availability, priority staffing, and scheduled utilization
- Participate in deployment-related meetings with Talent Group Leader to provide insights on skills gaps, new hire traction, and priority staffing
- Escalate staffing conflicts to Talent Group Leader for resolution, as appropriate
- Escalate sensitive or high-risk staffing situations to Deployment Specialist Team Lead and/or Engagement Staffing Manager, as appropriate
- Maintain understanding of key resource management metrics, including how they impact our business and individual practitioner performance
- Maintain detailed knowledge of skillsets and competencies aligned to designated business area
- Maintain knowledge of Consulting and cross-business areas where similar market offerings and skillsets may be aligned, including current supply and demand status
- Maintain knowledge of the engagement portfolio and pipeline in designated business area in order to advise on future supply of practitioners
- Leverage available leaders, teammates, and information resources to maintain current knowledge of current practice, industry, and offering priorities and trends; factor this information appropriately into deployment decisions
- Maintain high-level proficiency in all resource management tools and relevant Deloitte technology resources
- Maintain current knowledge of RM reporting capabilities and standard reports generated by the Deployment Analyst Team
- Participate in or support resource management special projects and initiatives, as needed
The mission of Core Talent Services (CTS) improves efficiencies and operational excellence, deliver strategic and transactional services, institutionalize operations efficiencies and quality and enhance ability to scale and reduce cost structure. CTS focus on delivery of both strategic and transactional services, either directly for the businesses or in support of the Business Advisors and Centers of Excellence (CoEs) Qualifications
How you'll grow
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of professional work experience, with a strong preference for client service experience in a professional services organization
- Ability to travel to alternate work locations periodically, as needed by the business
- Collaborating with virtual teams to deliver HR and/or RM services
- Managing a broad scope of responsibilities by prioritizing work and managing stakeholder expectations effectively
- Working independently and with resourcefulness to acquire information that is required to complete work with highest quality and service levels
- Consistently delivering an exceptional customer experience, even in times of high volume, ambiguity, or adversity
- Communicating professionally and concisely, in writing and orally
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify the relevant business factors and prioritize them accordingly
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and with discretion
- Ability to identify Talent-related risk and consult with appropriate leaders and teams to determine appropriate course of action
- Strong proficiency with core professional competencies, especially: attention to detail, responsiveness, follow through, flexibility, and tact
- Strong proficiency with MS Office tools on Windows platform: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Notes, and Teams
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSSPEDD102-HRL4