Consultant, Food Brand Protection
Position: Food Brand Protection Consultant, Brand Operations Services
Ready for a fast-paced and impactful career? Are you passionate about the restaurant industry, public health and brand protection? If you enjoy traveling and working independently, Deloitte's Managed Services & Products group is looking Food Brand Protection professionals. Candidates must have credentials, experience doing multi-unit restaurant assessments, excellent judgement and communication. This is a unique opportunity for food professionals who are well spoken and can effectively lead discussions with operators about business priorities in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. In this role, the Consultant will travel to their assigned client and perform Food Brand Protection consultations in accordance with the client program.
At Deloitte, our Brand Operations Services offers clients measurements and feedback based on conformance to specific food protection standards. The Consultant contributes to the program development and provides insights and client-specific corrective actions based on findings.
This is a project-based position. Openings for this position are anticipated based upon employment to begin February 2020; subject to change at the discretion of the client needs.
Work You'll Do:
• Understand and contribute to the development of the client expectations and conduct the Food Brand Protection consultations to meet the unique expectations for their assigned client.
• Be well-versed in the client's business requirements and the overall details of the Food Brand Protection program including the methods and procedures within our Brand Services Operations solution.
• Be well-versed in FDA Food Code. Level of knowledge should be advanced.
• Ability to recite, from memory, client specific procedures, training requirements, and product and equipment names.
• Build rapport with the client and discuss opportunities uncovered through conversations and visual indicators.
• Consultant must be able to recommend corrective actions that align with the client's procedures, training and monitoring systems.
• Produce accurate and consistent evaluations written in real-time into an iPad.
• Exercise high level of judgment evaluating the clients' operations, adherence to client guidelines, determine and recommend areas of improvement, and communicate findings effectively while establishing action plans through route cause analysis.
• Utilize experience in restaurant and food safety industry, to interact with location staff and management kindly and objectively.
• Exercise initiative formulating improvements in established Brand Services Operations procedures. Provide recommendations to account leadership to improve Consultant logistics, tools, worksheets and training materials.
• Represent the company at client meetings and interactions. Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with the client in a professional manner.
• Attend and contribute to regular team meetings and conference calls as scheduled by account leadership.
• Provide vital information to client using discretion when discussing areas of improvement. Respect and support the client's culture and vision of the program through actions and words.
• Registration, License or Certification in environmental health or food safety. Specifically: Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS), Registered Sanitarian (RS), Licensed Environmental Health Practitioner (LEHP) or Certified Professional Food Safety (CPFS).
• Science degree with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in retail food or Associates degree with a minimum four (4) years of food related experience.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
• Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs and technology, including, but not limited to: iPad / tablet / notebook functionality.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, in English) with strong analytic and presentation abilities.
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision, while adhering to strict deadlines.
• Must be well-spoken, knowledgeable and able to develop and present examination results in a friendly, empathetic and helpful manner.
• Must be a skillful and fluid communicator, possessing the flexibility to communicate effectively with each client representative in the style and manner that he or she prefers.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment by using industry knowledge and fully comprehending clients' business models and needs.
• Must be prepared to travel extensively throughout any region required by the client (100%, up to 52 weeks per year). Includes weekly flights and daily driving, with occasional last-minute changes.
• Ability to display cultural sensitivity in a diverse work environment.
• Ability to obtain valid passport and/or valid travel documentation is required.
• Ability to obtain valid driver's license.
• Must reside in close proximity to a major international airport (< 50 Miles).
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Current ANSI approved food manager certification (8 or 16 hour course).
• Management Operations experience within the Food and Beverage and/or customer service field.
• Internal food safety or public health experience.
• Training/facilitation experience targeted toward different learning styles and audiences.
• BA/BS degree in Environmental Health, Biology or similar.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFACSRM500-LRA