CONSULTANT, Customer Experience Measurement, Location Nationwide
Hotel Field Examiner, Customer Experience Management
Ready for a fast-paced and exciting career? Are you passionate about the hotel industry and the customer experience? If you love to travel and work independently, Deloitte's Managed Services & Products group is looking for motivated, ambitious hotel professionals with excellent communication skills, judgment and analytical abilities to conduct customer experience inspections at our client sites. This is an excellent opportunity for hotel professionals who are well spoken, and who can effectively lead discussions with hospitality clients on business priorities in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. In this role, the Field Examiner will travel to their assigned hotel-specific client and perform quality assurance examinations in accordance with the client program. The Field Examiner will develop and deliver important summary presentations of evaluation findings to key client executives.
The goal of this business is to offer clients information and feedback regarding their customers' experience. The Field Examiner is responsible for contributing to the development of, as well as providing, this high-level advice and these recommendations to clients.
This is a project-based position. Work you'll do
• Conduct customer experience examinations to meet the unique expectations of the assigned client.
• The Field Examiner will be continually trained on their assigned client's culture, specific examination requirements, the details of the customer experience program, and the methods and procedures of the Deloitte business
• Develop and produce accurate and consistent evaluations that include written reports in English
• Exercise high level of judgment in evaluating the clients' business operations and service, identifying areas of improvement and determining how to best communicate findings and recommendations
• Utilize experience in hospitality industry to serve as a quality consultant for clients. Develop and deliver meaningful and accurate summary presentations of each evaluation finding to key property level executives. The Consultant must interact with property management to review assessment data and must independently recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement while maintaining an environment of learning
• Exercise initiative in formulating improvements in established business procedures. Provide recommendations to the Business Solution Analysis Leads /Business Solution Analysts to improve consultant tools, worksheets and training materials
• Represent the company in important client meetings and interactions. Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with clients' personnel in a professional manner and demonstration of industry and functional knowledge
• Attend and contribute to team meetings and conference calls on a regular basis as deemed by the Business Solution Analysis Leads / Manager
• Provide important quality-assurance information to clients, and use discretion to determine areas where the quality of the clients' business operations can be improved
Brand Services Operations (LRA) helps our clients protect their brands, deepen their customers' advocacy, and help to strengthen their reputation through our end-to-end approach to Customer Experience Measurement. Our global capabilities position Deloitte to help our clients minimize the risks to their brand and reputation across their portfolio. Our multi-dimensional strengths across strategy, risk management, and analytics enable tailored design, implementation, and management of solutions that deliver a competitive advantage in customer experience.
• Minimum of two years of hospitality management and/or hotel operations management experience
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data
• Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs and technology, including, but not limited to: iPad / tablet / notebook functionality
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, in English) with strong analytic and presentation abilities. Regional language capabilities may be required
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision, while adhering to strict deadlines
• Must be well-spoken, knowledgeable and able to develop and present examination results in a friendly, empathetic and helpful manner
• Must be a skillful and fluid communicator, possessing the flexibility to communicate effectively with each client representative in the style and manner that he or she prefers
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment by using industry knowledge and fully comprehending clients' business models and needs
• Must be prepared to travel extensively throughout any region required by the client (100%, 52 weeks per year less available vacation time allotted per year)
• Ability to obtain valid passport and/or valid travel documentation is required
• Ability to obtain valid driver's license (Americas only)
• Must reside less than 50 miles from a major international airport
• Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Business, Hotel/Restaurant Management, Tourism or equivalent experience strongly preferred
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFACSRM400-LRA