Senior Intelligence Officer, Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Be aware of and execute the prescribed strategy of Regional SCB leadership in day to day operations, as related to mitigating financial crime risk and meeting or exceeding current and relevant future regulatory compliance requirements.
- Continually monitor the external environment through various internal/external sources and the media to identify financial crime risks which may potentially impact the bank in the future, map and assess those risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary .
- Support the development and standardization of specialized intelligence reviews of clients, industries, and geographies to identify FCC/AML risk indicators and potentially suspicious activity for Bank remediation.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Financial Crime Intelligence, drawing on financial intelligence and law enforcement networks, professional qualifications and experience.
- Synthesize data and research from multiple sources in the development of a cohesive narrative in the identification of potential financial crime concentrations and activities.
- Conduct detailed, thorough reviews based on internal and external intelligence to determine scope and depth of suspicious activity.
- Conduct detailed and voluminous transactional reviews using excel to detect and report on potentially suspicious activity.
- Formulate and recommend responses to suspicious findings and report such activity to the appropriated regulatory authorities.
- Coordinate responses and requests pursuant to Section 314 of the USA PATRIOT ACT where necessary;
- Work with team members to determine whether to close cases, escalate findings and/or file a Suspicious Activity Report ("SAR") with the US Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.
- Draft and review SARs.
- Perform data entry related to tracking and documenting intelligence review steps
- Develop reporting templates for ad hoc requirements as they mature into standard business processes.
- Draw conclusions and assessments independently and in collaboration with industry partners and based on the findings of research and reviews.
- Make recommendations to FCC senior leadership regarding actions to address identified potential financial crime risks and recommend appropriate remediation to FCC Management, Group, or applicable Governance bodies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with FCC and the business in the identification and remediation of risk concentrations identified during intelligence reviews
- Ensure full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Deliver 'effective governance'; challenge fellow executives effectively; and work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FCIU Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters]
- FCC Management Team and Leadership Team
- Group i3
- SCBNY Business Units
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed here for good and Group's brand and values in the FCC Team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- 5 - 7 years of financial services, intelligence or law enforcement intelligence analytic support with demonstrated success and increasing responsibilities.
- ACAMS certification or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, intelligence or criminal justice from an accredited institution, or equivalent.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the key products or services provided by the business/function, and the processes and controls that underpin them.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance regulations, knowledge of global procedures and policies, including a core understanding of AML, Sanctions, CDD and Anti Bribery and Corruption.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the SAR process.
- Proven capability to conduct open source research and leverage Bank internal data sources to assist in building composite analytical products.
- Has the ability to interpret complex information and determine the research and analysis required to extract facts that can be objectively supported. Has a strong investigative mindset where critical thinking is applied, exemplified by a number of attributes; professional scepticism, a meticulous and consistent approach to research and analytics, and the ability to thoroughly articulate a defence for conclusions reached.
- Clear, concise communication style (written and verbal); demonstrates engaged listening skills; able to maintain composure in a stressed situation.
- Self-motivated - Strong work orientation, works independently, takes accountability for decisions, actions and outcomes.
- Collaborative - Actively collaborate within and across teams.
- Personal Agility - Agile and receptive to change. Positive and solutions oriented
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .