ED, Senior Investigator, SIS, E&A
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for leading and managing, non-government investigations for the Bank in the Americas, including direct responsibility for investigation delivery.
- Ensuring effective investigation strategies to manage legal and regulatory issues that may have a significant impact on the Americas; keeping abreast of changes within the Group and Region.
- Represent the Bank and lead on external relationships with advisory groups, law enforcement agencies and other (non-legal) external stakeholders.
- Support SIS to investigate complex client frauds globally, including the referral of matters to law enforcement agencies.
- Coordinate identification of themes, trends and lessons learnt from investigations in the Americas to support the continuous improvement of the Bank's conduct and control environment.
People and Talent
- Conduct and manage non-government investigations that have potential material impact on the Bank from either a reputational, regulatory, financial or litigation perspective (or any combination of the same).
- As required, investigate data leakage cases escalated for the Americas and assist in promoting awareness of the importance of confidentiality of bank information. Support management and promote Speaking Up in country with assistance from Regional investigative team.
- Establish, develop and maintain close collaboration with key internal functional stakeholders including Legal, Compliance, FCC and HR.
- Ensure regional senior management are fully informed of all key risks and issues in area of responsibility and reported in line with Bank's operational risk process.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment
- Act to minimise operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to matters arising.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business and function heads (Regional Management Group)
- Financial Crime Compliance
- Relevant experience gained in a leading law enforcement, prosecutorial or regulatory agency, with local expertise in at least one of the countries within the Americas jurisdiction.
- Sharp business acumen with experience of investigations in a white collar corporate environment and/or experience advising or managing complex investigations and related risks relating to Financial Institutions.
- Excellent investigation, analytical, problem solving, risk mitigation and report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct best practice investigations with a high level of integrity, independence, professionalism and discretion.
- Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations relevant to Bank and the role of investigations.
- Knowledge and sound judgement of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
- Excellent people and communication skills, with a proven track record of building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.