Analyst, AML Investigator
- Newark, NJ, USA Newark NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
AML Investigator with primary responsibility to conduct investigations that detect and report suspicious activity to governmental authorities and enable the Bank to form sound judgments concerning reputational and other risks and meets expectations of regulators and other compliance stakeholders.
The Human Bank. As a Global Bank we have opportunities that go beyond country borders. If you think you are ready for your next career move, and if you fit the skills and requirements of this role, a new adventure may await you.
* Assist Managers, Team Leaders and AML Investigators by conducting research and complex transactional analyses in support of AML investigations of potential suspicious activity, including investigations generated from detection-scenario processes, the service of subpoenas and warrants, negative media reports, as well as other sources to include:
- Identifying, researching and reporting suspicious activity.
- Managing the investigative process from initial detection to disposition.
- Thorough and timely review of reports that identify suspicious activity.
- Formulate and recommend responses to suspicious findings and report such activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities
* Support Senior Investigators, Investigators and other team members to determine whether to close cases, escalate findings and/or file a Suspicious Activity Report with the U.S. Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.
* Generate spreadsheets, presentations, narrative reports and other graphic and narrative products to support analysis of complex fact patterns under review during AML investigations.
* Perform data collation, quality control and analysis in support to Investigation Unit's responses and requests pursuant to Section 314 of the USA PATRIOT Act.
* Responsible for data entry related to tracking and documenting all investigative steps.
Education, Experience and Accreditation
* ACAMS certification or equivalent preferred (required within one year of joining the Bank).
* Bachelor degree from an accredited institution or equivalent.
* Prior law enforcement or regulatory experience will be viewed positively.
* Correspondent Banking experience a plus
* 0 - 3 years of prior working experience
We are committed to releasing your full potential, allowing you to continue to make a positive contribution. This role could be the next step in your career journey.. Apply Now