- Newark, NJ, USA Newark NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
PURPOSE: To conduct investigations that detect and report suspicious activity to governmental authorities and enable the Bank to form sound judgments concerning reputational and other risks and meets expectations of regulators and other compliance stakeholders. To support the promotion of the business, culture and practice of FCC within the letter and spirit of US Laws, including local Laws and Regulations, in accordance with Group standards.
The Human Bank. Read the following advert and see if it fits your skills and career aspirations. We offer great opportunities for you to progress your career within Standard Chartered.
* Review and analyze leads for potential suspicious activity, including those generated from detection scenario processes, the service of subpoenas and warrants, negative media reports, as well as other sources to include:
1. Identifying, researching and reporting suspicious activity.
2. Managing the investigative process from initial detection to disposition.
3. Thoroughly and timely reviewing reports and other investigative leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
4. Formulating and recommending responses to potentially suspicious findings, reporting such activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and supporting FCC in developing the Bank's forward-looking risk-mitigation response.
* Support Managers and Team Leaders in conducting AML investigations.
* Coordinating responses and requests pursuant to Section 314 of the USA PATRIOT Act.
* Work with team members to determine whether to close cases, escalate findings and/or file a Suspicious Activity Report ("SAR") with the U.S. Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.
* Drafting and reviewing SARs.
* Performing data-entry related to tracking and documenting all investigative steps
* Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Economic Crime Investigation, or related field of study, from an accredited institution
* Advanced degrees (JD, MBA, etc.) will be viewed positively
* ACAMS certification strongly preferred (required within one year)
* 1 to 3 years experience involving money laundering or complex financial investigations within the financial industry or in the governmental regulatory, intelligence or law enforcement space (international, federal, state and local levels will be considered)
* Correspondent Banking experience is a plus
* Prior law enforcement or regulatory experience will be viewed positively
We are committed to releasing your full potential, allowing you to continue to make a positive contribution. This role could be the next step in your career journey.. Apply Now