Sr IT Mgr Data/Information Mgmt (US)
- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 15 Jan 19
Sr IT Mgr Data/Information Mgmt (US)
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open
About This Role
We are looking for someone to manage, lead and oversee a team responsible for data and information management building, design, development, testing, execution and quality assurance. This includes effectively integrating processes enterprise-wide, demonstrating team leadership and building out data and information management organizational capabilities.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager . Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Manage team in driving out technology strategic roadmap, including the introduction of Big Data technologies, advanced analytics, data modeling etc.
- Oversee data products delivery in presentation format to specifications and timeline.
- Hold responsibility for ongoing data sourcing and management (e.g. quality assurance, analysis, information production and distribution of Management Information).
- Support leadership team in driving out the information excellence program, build technical and governance capability across all aspects of data analytics and modeling.
- Support leaders, champion for the 'single view of the customer' as well as 'single view of the bank - One Bank' in IT.
- Accountable for building data management capabilities and leveraging it as a competitive advantage for TD.
- Build Information as a service capability, implement Information Excellence capabilities.
- Make data consumption "on demand", transparent, provide "fit for purpose" services - reports, analytics, model and data.
- Significantly reduce data cost while improving quality.
- Oversee data acquisition and analysis process, help boost data analytics delivery efficiency and quality.
- Lead in integrating isolated irregular and external data for a consolidated view of customer information.
- Assess analytics tools, enhance capabilities, data quality for greater automation;
- Consolidate, rationalize corporate data stores.
- Optimize operational efficiencies, reduce cost through process improvement, unit costs reduction, provide meaningful financial insight to the functional leader or CIO, manage costs with a high degree of transparency.
- Lead team responsible for Data Management and Information Excellence data deliverables, including overall project business and data requirement contributions;
- Implement , maintain and enhance data governance, data quality and related policies.
- Develop and manage department budget and plan.
- Grow team expertise and organizational capabilities.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management, team leadership, input into performance assessments and development plans.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience.
- Expert knowledge of technical environments and tools (e.g., user environment, applications, software, hardware, programming languages and operating systems), business processes/procedures at organizational level.
- Expert knowledge of business processes and procedures, as well as broader organizational issues and technology.
- Advanced knowledge of business, standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology from a design/support/ solutions perspective.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience implementing a Big Data stack (e.g. Hadoop).
- Complete understanding and expertise with Data warehouse technologies including Database Management Systems, BI Tools and ETLs.
- Strong knowledge of when to use traditional vs Big Data solutions.
- Extensive experience in leading and designing complex data-intensive applications.
- Extensive functional and technical knowledge of advanced analytics processes (building automated processes for data acquisition and analysis), systems and methods for prevention, detection and management of financial crimes.
- Ability to assume a senior role requiring significant people management experience and specialized knowledge of advanced data analytics within the context of a global bank.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.