Sr IT Data Specialist (US)
- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 21 Mar 19
Sr IT Data Specialist (US)
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open
About This Role
We are looking for a senior technical lead to work on large-scale complex initiatives and provide technical leadership and expertise within specialized fields of data management. This role covers analytics, business intelligence, modeling, profiling, and governance etc., all from an integrative perspective. You'll also provide thought leadership and insights on emerging data management solutions.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Lead or provide expertise to define and manage detailed system design for data integration processes or data marts/warehouse builds or extensions.
- Work with architecture experts to create solutions that meet data management standards. Compile requirements and specifications, work with technology, business systems analysis, development and project teams to resolve content flow issues.
- Assess project impact on storage, network, database infrastructure.
- Create development estimates, review, approve business and system specification requirements, author system design specifications, system deployment plans;
- Collaborate with testing services, approve strategies/plans
- Build project plans, allocate resources.
- Support data warehouse, Big Data environments by guiding stakeholders on requirements and implementation approaches.
- Implement leading-edge data warehouse and Big Data environments including hardware, software, end-user tools, etc.
- Propose, create tools and services to support end-user productivity and system integrations.
- Troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, plan for environment optimization and expansion.
- Lead coordination efforts with technology teams to ensure project success.
- Perform or lead complex analysis in an evolving data environment and gather, analyze, document and maintain all data requirements related to the business applications, interfaces, and reporting environments in different kinds of data maps.
- Apply standards, best practices to ensure application data is accurate, complete, current, understandable, and accessible.
- Define, build, manage data catalog for respective data platforms, systems, servers, and applications.
- Manage, coordinate efforts of data modelers, data warehouse/data integration developers, and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data management process in database usage and data warehousing.
- Extract data from homogeneous or heterogeneous data sources, transform for querying and analysis purposes, load into final target.
- Ensure metadata, data lineage are captured, compatible with enterprise metadata and data management tools and processes.
- Engage with data managers, stewards and owners to implement , maintain, enhance data governance, quality and related policies, aligning with TD's standards and frameworks.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 11+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of the technical environment/ tools for your own area.
- Expert knowledge of business processes and procedures, as well as broader organizational issues and technology.
- Advanced knowledge of business/organization, standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology in related areas from design/ support/solutions perspectives.
- Strong development background in delivering data solutions.
- Blend of skills in Big Data technologies, database management, data integration tools, system administration, and business acumen.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.