Senior Manager, Technology Delivery / Partner Management
- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 18 Feb 19
Senior Manager, Technology Delivery / Partner Management
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Technology Delivery / Partner Management covers planning and delivery of functions or services within segment CIO groups and/or across Infrastructure Technology Solutions (ITS). While investing heavily in nurturing business, client and partner relationships for end-to-end delivery of technology solutions or services, these professionals also oversee and directly manage multiple specialized functional teams (e.g. Application Development, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Support, Project Management etc.) and seamlessly manage ongoing infrastructure support and shared services to segment CIOs, business leaders and various TD stakeholders. Let's not forget they communicate the technology organization's overall book of work and manage stakeholder expectations. It's a big and busy mandate.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to build and maintain strong business relationships with assigned clients, internal partners, and provide direction and guidance on optimal technology solutions/services to meet business needs. The position generally manages a varied team of IT professionals and bridges the business and technology gaps, leverages resources across functional or specialized technology areas to ensure end-to-end delivery of agreed upon solutions or services within planned forecasts and cost estimates. You will support a significant business area, product group, enterprise platform, service or capability within a segment CIO or functional area.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Lead and manage end-to-end technology solutions or services delivery for a key business line, portfolio, assigned segment or enterprise area with a clear focus on strategic planning, schedule management, scope, change and issues management, client communication and overall resourcing and financial costs on a longer-term basis.
- Responsible for project delivery for application sets within their scope, commissioning projects to be executed by technology project managers.
- Act as a solutions integrator; provide a flexible approach by offering and negotiating options with clients that balance service levels, cost and risk.
- Communicate business vision, goals and portfolio priorities to team members (e.g. Application Owners / Development Managers, Business Systems Analysis, Platform / Service and/or Technology Project Managers etc.).
- Develop impact assessments, manage delivery schedules, perform risk assessments to consistently manage operational processes (time reporting).
- Work with project managers to ensure they comply with the capacity forecasting process.
- Report on portfolio progress, status, overall health and individual applications.
- Assess issues or change requests, determine what to report.
- Lead the development of total cost of ownership estimates for applications and services, monitor and track to established plans with Finance and Business Management team
- Measure, monitor projects, stay within budget, meet or exceed expectations.
- Assess work plans, identify scheduling issues, report and escalate, as needed.
- Track major project deliverables; share updates; support initiatives aimed at cost reduction and faster time-to-market.
- Ensure there's understanding of operational, reputational, and intellectual risks, advise to minimize, escalate if necessary.
- Know the competition, customer and industry trends, innovation; pinpoint relevant research opportunities.
- Maintain high level of customer service, ensure commitments are met; recommend appropriate actions to enhance service levels, through effective service level management practices/ agreements.
• Driving Requirements:
• Travel Requirements:
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of business and bank technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications, platforms, services) and managing/directing teams and projects.
- Willingness, motivation and ability to set work direction at an operational level, work autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborate with other business or technology leaders to establish and execute on common goals with a medium- to longer-term business perspective.
- Ability to oversee a sizeable and varied team of technology professionals (e.g., up to 50+ consisting of Application Developers, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Specialists, and/or Project Managers) in an integrator role, covering end-to-end delivery of complex projects, system enhancements / applications and/or application or service management.
- Comfortable and capable of supporting a significant business area, product group, enterprise platform, service or capability under a segment CIO or technology functional area.
- Readiness to direct or manage large-scale applications and projects across multiple product lines and businesses, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Understanding of strategic direction (including financials) and champions alliances to benefit TD and/or department; advocates for operational improvements to enhance the division's value to the organization.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.