Operational Risk Mgr II, Sr Manager US Payment Risk
Company Overview About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview
Get involved in the dynamic world of payments and given the breadth of the role, sharpen your organizational awareness skills!
As the Senior Manager, US Payment Risk, you'll report to the AVP, NA Payments & Direct Channels ORM. In this second line of defense function, you'll manage a specialized team to execute the Bank's payment risk programs, activities and standards in the US. Further, you'll interact with payment product, delivery channels and associated lines of business across the organization with focus on identifying, challenging and escalating risk as well as consulting on strategy and solutions to ensure risks are understood and managed.
Payment Risk focuses on monitoring and challenging risk exposure across North American Payment Ecosystems*. In collaboration with the businesses, our team plays a critical role in influencing best practices to manage payment risk. Job Description
The Payment Risk, Operational Risk Manager II, provides a broad range of risk analysis, reporting and/or support to business partners and acts as a specialist/expert in providing guidance/advice on a range of risk related matters within assigned or own area of specialization. This includes responsibility as program manager for one or more enterprise risk management initiatives. Programs may include but are not limited to Business Continuity Program, Business Resumption and Disaster Recovery Planning, Vendor Management, Risk Management Program (Sarbanes-Oxley, Risk Assessments), Information Security, and Key Risk Performance Indicators, Risk Management Metrics Reporting, , Reconciliation Control, Affiliate Transaction Governance and support for the implementation of projects. Provides vision and leadership in directing and implementing the Company's strategic Payment risk management program. Manages and develops a proficient team of professionals through education and coaching to ensure Payment risk management strategy and practices are driven to all levels in the Company. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key internal and external partners. Enhances internal controls, expense management and quality assurance through the identification and recommendation of technological and process improvement opportunities to reduce Operational Risk throughout the organization.
• Leads a group of specialists/analysts for Payments that exists in multiple geographic locations and/or multiple jurisdictions.
• Seasoned specialist role requiring in-depth knowledge of payments and the payment industry. Experience with fraud, operations or risk management in the payment space preferred.
• Acts as the primary regulatory interface on Payment risk issues and requirements and assesses and provides direction for existing and new payment-related regulations.
• May manage or oversee a number of major risk area requirements and/or related programs that are enterprise-wide or cross multiple business segments
• Represents Payments and identifies key risks and implications and provides direction in complex situations
• Compiles reports on overall Payment trends, risks, losses, and issues on aggregated basis and recommends management action to minimize risk exposures
• Works with various regulators, business/corporate and organization-wide business support groups to deal with regulatory and cross-business level Payment issues
• Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of Company and Payment business unit objectives and strategic project goals in order to deliver the most effective solutions to Customers, aligned with TD Bank's Operational Risk appetite.
• Leads the development and/or implementation of specific Payment standards, policies, and/or processes that identify, report on and mitigate major operational risk exposures within the business, including responses to regulatory requirements
• Leads or contributes to effective management of financial results and budgeting activities
• Analyzes potential Payment risks and ensure escalation of key risks to appropriate areas and/or business leaders
• Establishes and provides on-going analysis and reporting on Payment risk and/or other major risk categories as applicable to the business or functional area, and review findings and action plans with business leaders to mitigate and manage key issues
• Coordinates and/or guides activities relating to core Payment and operational risk disciplines/programs including, but not limited to, Payment End-to-end Risk Assessments, Business Continuity Management (BCM), Outsourcing & Vendor Management. Regulatory Compliance, Affiliate Transaction Governance (e.g. CDIC, AML, Privacy, IDA, CBA, SOX, Basel, etc.)
• Supports established enterprise-wide risk escalation, review and approval processes, data management, policies and risk assessment processes
• Directs the development and monitoring of key Payment risk indicators and facilitate communication an Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 10+ years related experience required
• Expert knowledge at the enterprise or group business level requiring a broad managerial and deep specialized knowledge of operational risk management issues at the enterprise, business, regulatory and industry levels
• Previous management experience
• Ability to coach, counsel, train, and lead staff
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize and react to discrepancies
• Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills
• Proven project management skills for multiple, large projects
• Strategic planning and process management experience a must
• Proven experience in establishing and implementing effective strategies and short and long range plans that achieve bottom line results
• In depth knowledge of financial services processes and workflows
• Strong relationship building skills and the ability to develop and maintain business contacts at all levels of management throughout the organization
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal as well as the ability to develop business communications calling for specific action
• Effective presentation skills, including the ability to present to regulators, executive management and the Board of Directors
• Strong ability to influence the decisions and actions of others without express authority
• Strong ability to analyze information and business situations and effectively collaborate with business partners on overall corporate direction
• Travel may be required Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.