Lead Database Developer
- Morristown, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Lead Database Developer
Job Location: Convent Station, NJ
Are able to innovate, coordinate, communicate and participate in the analysis, design and implementation of software solutions? Do you love coding?
Then you may be the perfect candidate for this exciting new position at Brighthouse Financial.
Reporting to the Model Development Leader, this is a hands-on senior development role with the potential for team leadership. This position lies within the Finance Department, where we work collaboratively with actuaries, strategists and analysts.
The successful candidate is familiar with all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and can operate in multiple roles as an empowered solution provider. The candidate is expected to take a holistic view of corporate objectives, target operating model and enabling technologies in developing our technology platform.
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The VA Hedging and ALM team manages the market risk associated with liability cashflows from variable annuities with living and death benefit guarantees by maintaining a portfolio of assets to offset those liabilities. This allows Brighthouse to maintain financial stability, meet regulatory requirements and fulfill its obligations to the policyholder.
A key to our success is ' our technology platform ', which allows us to execute in an efficient and reliable manner. This new technology platform will provide an unprecedented level of convenience, automation and capability to VA risk management and possibly Finance at large.
The Lead Integration Developer will be instrumental to the launch and enhancement of this technology platform.
- Analysis, design, development, testing and integration of software solutions and components to enable and support the VA Hedging & ALM platform, including:
- Financial Models, e.g. stochastic, statistical, dynamic programming
- High Performance Computing, e.g. multithreading, grid computing, GPU computing, CUDA
- Application Integration, e.g. innovative solutions for integrating 3rd party applications with custom built systems, ETL, job scheduling.
- Data Stores , e.g. operational data store, data warehouse, relational and NoSQL databases
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), e.g. web services, RESTful data services, enterprise service bus, orchestration.
- Flexibility to respond to changing business requirements.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 6+ years of experience of progressively challenging experiences in system architecture, software design and development.
- Good programming practices including source code documentation, source code analysis, test driven development, source code control, configuration management, regression testing and development tools.
- Object-oriented analysis, design and programming; judicious use of language features; common design patterns and programming idioms; Effective C++.
- Strong coding experience in C++, C# or Python. (All three will be important.)
- Desire and willingness to work with Microsoft technologies.
- Commitment to the spirit and principles of Agile Software Development.
- 5+ years of experience in a database development/management role.
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience with Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence projects a plus
- Experience with Hadoop is a plu s
- Strong leadership skills and ability to interact with technology and business partners
- Financial industry experience is a plus