Director & Actuary
- Morristown, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
Director & Actuary
Job Location: Convent Station, NJ Alternate Job Location : Charlotte, NC
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Projection
Role Value Proposition:
This role is responsible for the Variable Annuities projection models. Partnering with Experience Study, Annuity Valuation, VA ALM, Treasury, Product Development and Reinsurance teams to support Company's Enterprise Strategy.
Reports to: Wha-Ning Doo, Lead Actuary
Direct Reports: 1-2
Location: Charlotte, NC
Alternative: Convent Station, NJ
- Partnering with Experience Study, Annuity Valuation, VA ALM, Product Development teams on all Variable Annuities initiatives.
- Maintaining Variable Annuity models, work closely with o-CAM team to establish an efficient and robust modeling process and independent modeling validation tools
- Oversee the various business models to ensure the VA modeling assumptions are consistent with business pricing strategy building strong working relationships.
- Working with external consultants and/or industry studies on Variable Annuities developments
- Perform the cash flow analysis for variable annuities in support of Appointed Actuaries' reserve adequacy opinions.
- Managing actuarial talents
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills :
- Solid familiarilty with Variable Annuity w/ Guaranteed Living Benefits Products
- Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, or other quantitative related fields are preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience is required
- Superior technical expertise in fully stochastic quantitative and actuarial risk-based modeling. Ability to perform complex analytical work in assessing and modeling financial, investment and actuarial risk, reserving, capital modeling and management and hedging.
- Strategic thinker on actuarial modeling issues; demonstrates ability to thoughtfully analyze, assess, challenge and influence quantitative and business partners
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Expertise in Prophet Modeling, Pathwise with Python Script, MS Excel and VBA
- 7+ years of strong quantitative actuarial/asset/investment modeling experience
- FSA required
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company's strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity - Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
Travel: 20-30% mainly between NJ & NC offices