- Morristown, NJ, USA
- Self Employed, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 18 Mar 19
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
This position supports variable and fixed annuity asset liability management and risk assessment. This role reports to the Director & Actuary with a focus on reporting, modeling, sensitivity analysis, project management, and documentation. This individual will support the asset liability management team in producing periodical risk report and performance attribution. The individual will play a role in developing, improving, documenting evolving hedge related reporting and analysis. The individual will require strong technical skill in big data processing, analysis and reporting using MS Office, database and various programming language.
- Support hedging and risk management of variable annuities with living benefit riders (VA), fixed annuities (FA), and structured indexed annuities (SIA).
- Perform periodical risk analysis and sensitivity study.
- Perform hedge performance analysis and attribution reporting using Python, MS Office products, SQL, Matlab, etc.
- Model development in Aon PathWise for Statutory reserve, GAAP reserve, capital and market consistent value (MCV) valuation of VA, FA and IA product.
- Keep strong documentation on modeling updates, process changes and control.
- Coordinate with business constituents in maintaining consistency in production process, implementation schedule, assumptions, modeling approach and regulatory and reporting changes.
- Respond to internal and external audit and review with documentation and analysis.
- Derivative asset valuation in support of the reporting, hedging performance attribution, projection and risk measurement.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Degree in mathematics or statistics, or actuarial science
- Completed 2-4 preliminary actuarial exams for the Society of Actuaries
- Currently pursuing an ASA designation with the Society of Actuaries
- Strong computing and programming skills with experience in Python, Matlab, VBA, SQL, etc.
- Strong actuarial and financial skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Positive attitude with an eagerness to learn
- Can adjust work resources and deadlines in response to changing business priorities