- Morristown, NJ, USA Morristown NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
Alternate Job Location : North Carolina : Charlotte
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
This position supports variable and fixed annuity pricing and modeling initiatives. This role reports to the Director of Annuity pricing with a focus on modeling, pricing analysis, project management, and documentation. This individual will support the pricing team in helping to set rates for the fixed, variable, or indexed products. The individual will play a role in developing and testing new products within modeled software environments. This individual will also use process improvement and analytical experience to assist in efforts needed to enhance the business, drive sales, or find ways to streamline or automate processes.
- Pricing analysis for key annuity products including variable annuities with living benefit riders, fixed annuities, and structured indexed annuities
- Modeling in Aon Pathwise and programming in Python scripting language to help develop new products, build GAAP profitability metrics and standardize reporting
- Analysis of key product features and inner-workings of variable, fixed, and indexed annuities
- Sensitivity testing and monitoring profitability metrics
- Rate setting analysis and recommendations
- Work to refine more involved actuarial calculations and projections including hedging, reserving, investment performance, and inforce rollforwards
- Keep strong documentation on modeling updates and analytical and process changes
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Degree in mathematics or statistics
- Completed 4 preliminary actuarial exams for the Society of Actuaries
- Currently pursuing an ASA designation with the Society of Actuaries
- Strong computing and programming skills
- Strong actuarial and financial skills
- Strong communication skills
- Can adjust work resources and deadlines in response to changing business priorities
Number of Openings: