Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Actuarial Student - Life Projections is responsible for the production of liability projections for all Brighthouse Financial Traditional and Nontraditional Life products. This position is a full-time actuarial role and will assist in updating, testing and modeling in MoSes USLMS Platform for regulatory and business applications (asset adequacy testing, loss recognition testing, corporate ALM, risk reporting, testing reinsurance arrangements). MoSes USLMS is being phased out in favor of Prophet and this position will play an integral role in translating the USLMS code in the UL and ULSG models for the Prophet development team so that they can understand and reflect all calculations in Prophet. This position will also be heavily involved in testing the new Prophet models and running the models on a go-forward basis. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Produce cash flow projections for asset adequacy testing, loss recognition testing, corporate ALM, risk reporting, state exams, testing new reinsurance arrangements, and other applications as required.
- Perform validations of model inputs, inforce data, and assumptions.
- Support audit and model validation requests.
- Provide pertinent model results for Actuarial Opinion and Memorandum. Assist in review and preparation of Actuarial Opinion and Memorandum.
- Analyze model output and provide useful observations and suggestions to management
- Support the coding, testing and documentation of assumptions and scenarios in MoSes USLMS model.
- Participate in testing of model updates and conversions as new technology and industry developments evolve.
- Perform ad-hoc modeling requests
- Work closely with Valuation, ALM, Experience Studies, Reinsurance and o-CAM teams to implement model updates.
- Utilize MoSes USLMS and UL/ULSG knowledge to support migration to Prophet modeling software
- Perform testing and validation of new Prophet UL/ULSG models
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or a related discipline
- Committed to completing the Society of Actuaries education system courses necessary to attain FSA designation.
- Completed Exam P and in the process of completing three other exams. Prior exposure to Microsoft Office applications and VBA
- Computer programming experience in C++ or other languages desirable
- Prior experience with MoSes USLMS, PolySystems or Prophet modeling software desirable
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Self-starter, results-driven, customer-focused and strong team player/builder
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong problem-solving attitude
Less than 5% Number of Openings:
1 Contact Information:
Vidhya Krishnaraj : firstname.lastname@example.org Hiring Manager:
Eric Steinhauser Employee Referral Award: