Volcker Control/Analytic Specialist
What is the opportunity?
To review and maintain the escalation workflow for the Volcker reporting metrics assigned to RBC's Finance Division. This role will be responsible for maintaining the controls and governance standards documented in the policies and procedures to ensure RBC is complying with the Volcker regulatory requirement. This role will also assume responsibility for building out process efficiencies, new analytical initiatives and maintaining the Global Aged Inventory Analysis for the Fixed Income Business. What will you do?
- Performs and maintains monthly trend analysis of the Volcker Desk Metrics (15%)*
- Performs and maintains monthly and mid-month aged inventory analysis (15%)*
- Reviews and maintains Volcker data integrity analysis to ensure accuracy and completeness (10%)*
- Verifies all expected Volcker excess event submissions have been completed and executed (10%)*
- Performs threshold analysis (periodic and semi-annual) for each Volcker Desk, across all measured Volcker Metrics (10%)*
- Assists with performing month end controls to ensure the RBC's submission is accurate and complete (5%)
- Verifies regulatory submission is accurate and complete in comparison with month end controls (5%).
- Development of new initiatives to establish greater workflow efficiencies (10%)*
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to field multiple requests while adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to drive and manage change.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Strong Communication Skills
- Works well in a team setting; strong collaborator
- Ability to drive, influence and manage change
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance, or Mathematics
- 6-8 years of recent, relevant industry experience
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.