Vice President - AML Business Analyst - Data Scientist
The U.S. Financial Security Department's AML/BSA Business Analyst is responsible for capturing business requirements, assisting on the user acceptance testing of a variety of platforms including Actimize based AML monitoring models, as well as, various other AML, KYC, and Sanctions systems as required. Act as a Business/Systems Analyst, Specification Writer, Implementation Support Resource and Subject Matter Advisor, engaging a diverse set of Business groups (Compliance, Business, etc.) and Technology groups to deliver solutions for Financial Compliance/Regulatory Reporting needs.
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Evaluate existing models and scenarios; conducting model and scenario tuning, optimization and validation
- Make recommendations to improve AML surveillance through the development of new risk models, model validation, statistical analysis of model thresholds, negative testing, and other sensitivity and productivity analyses
- Rationalize and document business rules, thresholds, parameters and scoring methodology of the system.
- Conceptualize and develop new rules/models to address emerging trends and red flags.
- Execute hypothesis testing, various regression analysis techniques, clustering analysis, and tests for activity and behavior variances
- Execute appropriate statistical or mathematical tests to recommend threshold implementation decisions
- Support the AML Group's periodic risk assessments through the analysis of data elements related to potential indicators of customer, product, or geographic risk, evaluating and enhancing the AML Group's risk rating methodologies, and identifying new quantitative factors that can be incorporated into the risk assessment process
- Bachelor's degree (or beyond) with outstanding academic credentials
- 5 - 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Professional experience at a large financial institution or financial services data types
- Understanding of statistics, different distributions, hypothesis testing, regression etc.
- Self-sufficiency in SQL (functions, procedures and packages)
- Data mining
- Time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Excellent Analytical, oral and written communication skills-the ability to communicate with varied audiences and stakeholders (IT, senior management, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues
- High level of computer literacy
- Statistician that can apply data analysis and statistical modeling techniques to improve a business process and present recommendations , not just results, in a non-technical, business-friendly way for consideration by Compliance senior management stakeholders
- Experience with statistical modeling and data visualization tools like R, Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview
- ACAMS certified
- Experience with AML transaction monitoring tools like Actimize, Mantas, Norkom etc.
- Good understanding of AML processes and relevant regulatory issues
- Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire information
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
FINRA Registrations Required: