Vice President – Data Protection Lead
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Full time, Permanent
- BNP Paribas
- 15 Jan 18
The Data Protection Lead will work in Information Security under the Head of Data Protection to build data protection standards and projects related to data encryption, data anonymization, and data classification. This is not a DLP role, though an understanding of DLP could be helpful. This is not a technology engineering role, but rather someone who will help set DP standards.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
Reporting to the Head of Data Protection, the VP - Data Protection Lead will provide insightful thought leadership on data protection strategy and program enhancements.
Data Protection is part of the BNPP North America CIB Information Security team based in Jersey City, NJ. The data protection team is responsible for driving data protection strategies to ensure that sensitive data is handled safely and responsibly and complies with all applicable data protection requirements. The data protection team collaborates across multiple teams to build and enhance appropriate data protection framework and controls.
- Recommend data protection control improvements based on emerging threats. Identify potential data security vulnerabilities
- Assist in the identification, review, development, and implementation of data protection strategy and policies.
- Drive data protection strategies such as data masking, encryption, data labeling, data classification & data protection control requirements.
- Collaborate with information security team members, business owners and organizational stakeholders.
- Identify and escalate potential vulnerabilities and evolving risks that will affect data protection policies, standards and procedures. Determine what controls are necessary in order to protect the data.
- Provide metrics and reporting that identify data protection controls effectiveness & design, and risks & trends.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of information technology or data protection experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of data protection standards and regulations
- Data protection techniques: data classification, data masking, and encryption.
- Experience with program design and implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data classification tool (e.g. Titus)
- Experience with FFIEC and NIST frameworks
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.