VP - Software Engineer
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to upscale existing software engineering resources, co-located with Jersey City Platform Services Integration Engineering team. Candidate will work across the Platform Services organization and with partner organizations in Global Technology to drive consistent integration of private cloud platforms and services into the enterprise stack.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experienced in modern programming languages such as Java and Python and building API driven services
- Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud containers and virtualization
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, needs to be able to clearly articulate complex IaaS / PaaS / SaaS concepts to engineers architects and non-technical stakeholders
- Deep technical understanding of Authentication and Authorization protocols and technologies such as OpenID Connect oauth2 SAML Kerberos Amazon Security Token Service Microsoft Active Directory and ADFS, etc.
- Extensive experience in leading software engineering teams of small and large size in an agile environment
- Ability to be a pragmatic change agent and drive incremental improvements while not losing site of driving strategic change
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.