VP - Principle Architect, Application Development (BIG DATA)
- Jersey City, NJ, USA Jersey City NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
VP - Principle Architect, Application Development (BIG DATA)
- This individual will work closely with the teamsdeveloping financial applications for reporting, charting, analytics, searchand decision science.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and the SME's of BigData and analytic teams to drive design, development and deployment of a BIarchitecture by establishing common policies and standards.
- Designs technical infrastructure for applications andassists in defining application tools. Develops the applications architectureand blueprints which reflect business logic of the section or division.
- Conducts requirement reviews and makes recommendationsregarding the development and implementation of DW/BI applications. Staysabreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry;knowledge of financial data warehouse applications, ability to translate BI/DWroadmap into business / financial value. Helps resolve high-impact,moderately complex system problems affecting multiple applications or acrossmultiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such asprobes, traces, sniffers and dumps.
- Contribute to the achievement of multiple objectives bybalancing tactical roadmap goals versus strategic objectives.
- Defines application components, platforms, interfaces,and development tools.
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation ofvendor application software and tools.
- Provides technical guidance to cross-functional,cross-platform application development teams.
- Consults on integration and conversion activities,experiences and considerations. Acts as subject matter expert, asneeded.Participates in mapping the technology-independent applicationsarchitecture to the chosen technology platform.
- Conducts reviews and analyses organizational needs tomake recommendations regarding the development and implementation ofapplications.
- Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure andprocesses in the industry and marketplace.
- Makes recommendations to use innovative, creativeapproaches as appropriate to meet client needs.
- Helps resolve high-impact, moderately complex systemproblems affecting multiple applications or across multiple platforms using theappropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces,sniffers and dumps.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams'objectives.
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of hand-on experience in systems/data architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in architecture, enterprise data management and BI solutions - is desired
- Experience in MPP systems - is desired
- Understanding of DW Architectures, MDM, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Schemas, Aggregation Techniques - is desired
- Strong hands-on data skills, RDBMS, SQL, ETL and data model - is desired
- Teradata, Webfocus and/or Tableau - is desired
- Hadoop ecosystem experience including hdfs, hbase, hive, spark, kafka, sqoop, oozie - is desired with nifi/flume/storm a plus.
- Understanding of distributed and parallel computing - is desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to all levels and ability to present technical details to business and product groups.
- Relationship management experience - is desired
- MS Office: Word, Viso, Powerpoint experience - is desired
- Ability to work with virtual teams - is desired
- Experienced with Cloud based application development with VM and docker is a plus.
- Strong Java, Spring and OOA/OOD/Use case driven design skills, XML/JSON/REST - is desired
- Strong Linux or UNIX - Shell, Perl or Python - is desired
- Familiar with software life cycle management - is desired
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45015
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1813189