Technology Product Manager – Investor Experience - Digital Wealth
The Technology Product Management team at Pershing defines product vision and strategy based on customer needs and competitive landscape. The team is responsible for products throughout their life cycle, and works closely with technology groups to continuously improve the products and solutions.
Product Managers conceptualize new solutions and enhancements to products, define the Product Strategy & Roadmap, and promote the adoption of our solutions across the wide range of Pershing customers globally, including broker dealers, advisors, and investors. Product Managers work with a variety of teams for the execution of the Product Strategy & Roadmap and the subsequent Launch & Rollout including - Technology, User Experience, Marketing, Project Management and Business Analysts among others. Product Managers serve as the voice of the customer internally; they articulate the product positioning, benefits, target customers, and promote the products both internally and externally.
Leads and provides direction on product management, development and marketing processes for multiple large products or one complex product. Liaises with cross-functional teams to deliver products that address client needs. Leads sessions on the design and product development of products including adoption and marketing strategies for multiple large products. Provides guidance to cross-functional teams during the project lifecycle. Ensures project has necessary requirements, deliverable and support model in place; pre-and post rollout. Is highly familiar with product competitors, consumer trends, and market status. May act as the primary point of contact for some products. Responsible for analyzing, defining, and challenging the product's business case based on team and industry reports. Prioritizes product requirements and further investigates product feasibility. Determines project responsibilities and scope. Develop scope, roadmap strategic direction for the product or product suite. Drive excecution of product roadmap. May serve as Team Lead. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
In addition, Product Managers are also involved in client engagements, strategic product meetings with clients, product demonstrations and sales initiatives.
So . . .
- Are you excited by the ever expanding opportunity digital wealth tools provide investors, advisors, broker dealers and RIAs?
- Are you an experienced navigator, comfortable finding your own direction? Do you thrive in turbulent waters when the course is unclear?
- Do you have vision, and more importantly, can you evangelize that vision in a way that gets a diverse team of engineers, product managers, and business leaders excited about the direction you're heading?
- Can you become an integral part of a complex team and lead from within?
If so, then you may be our new Product Manager for Investor Experience - Digital Wealth.
In this role you will:
- Own the digital wealth space, with a full grasp of the market and next generation innovations. You'll share that knowledge broadly, using this expertise to define strategy and inform the product roadmap;
- Develop leading digital wealth / digital advice products to support both self-service investors seeking powerful tools to help meet their financial goals, as well as financial advisors seeking such tools to create more capacity in their practice. Your focus is on quality delivery and high adoption.
- Support our integrated partners in the digital wealth space ensuring the internal processes work well for them, the Pershing clients who use them, and the internal teams engaged in supporting them.
- Technology product experience in the financial industry, optimally with a fintech, digital wealth provider or related technology service provider;
- Experience successfully leading complex products, which require engagement from diverse teams with their own set of priorities, to positive outcomes;
- A passion for improving the financial lives of everyday people through the delivery of elegant and powerful digital tools they will want to use.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years' experience in technology, digital products is preferred
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, decision making, and problem solving skills are required
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required
- Experience in business-to-business technology integrations is preferred
- Experience understanding client feedback and needs; drawing insight, finding innovative solutions, and articulating them to others to support execution is preferred
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a dynamically changing environment is preferred
- Prior Product Development and Management experience is required
- Fintech or digital wealth / digital advice provider experience is a plus
Bachelor's degree in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 8-10 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431 Requisition Number: