Sr. Spec, Tech Strat
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team
What's The Role?
Our Principle, Technology Governance and Control will work with Operations and Technology teams to assess and analyze controls designed to protect the Firm's information and supporting technology platforms. We aim to balance sound control with efficiency, through smart process and automation. Candidate is expected to leverage in-depth knowledge of information technology and market trends to determine potential risks to the organization.
Core responsibilities include:
Manage risk assessment and analysis processes to help our technology teams, control partners, and business stakeholders understand the state of our technology and data control suite while collaborating to prioritize and remediate identified gaps
Collaborate with Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance and other groups as necessary to support reviews of our control environment
Offer support in data governance and data protection including key regulatory programs
• Supports and drives the roadmap for establishing the Technology Risk Strategy, Operational Risk & Reporting service areas. Contributes to developing the strategic direction of the service.
• Liaise with multiple teams in identifying, analyzing, monitoring, and minimizing areas of risk that pertain to information technology
• Uses in-depth knowledge of Technology risk and market trends to determine potential risks to the organization. Leads any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
• Support measurement and in-depth analysis of simplified Technology Risk Reporting with Key Risk Indications (KRIs)/ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) content creating transparency for each level of leadership.
• Produce Reports/Scorecards intended for relevant audience groups to drive technology risk reduction within defined risk appetite thresholds.
Leads key strategic initiatives in the planning, analysis, delivery and integration of systems and business development projects. Participates in the development of overall technology plan and development roadmap, that will support the growth planned across the IT organization. Contributes to the identification, development and implementation of strategy and key growth objectives through analysis and research. Identifies, assesses and solves a variety of complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas within technology to achieve project objectives. Analyzes early market and technology opportunities in areas of strategic importance for the business unit supported. Creates and communicates business case for emerging technologies. Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities. Translates opportunities into strategic operational plans. Defines analytical frameworks for visioning and assessing strategic options. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. . Qualifications
The candidate must be able to work across global and regional groups and communicate Technology risk matters effectively to their management. Including strong presentation and stakeholder management skills.
ISACA certifications preferred.
• Experience in technology or technology risk management for financial institution and strong background in risk and controls
• Track record of implementing successful risk or technology management solutions
• Track record of developing and maintaining senior-level stakeholder relationships
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivated and be able to prioritize accordingly depending on demands from technology teams, business and regulator
Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Shared Services And Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: