Sr. Spec, Full-Stack Dev
You will be working in a global engineering team responsible for building enterprise engineering services. In this role you will be designing, developing, collaborating and mentoring junior developers to build software frameworks and microservices for leading applications and systems across BNYMellon and will be exposed to broad range of projects.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
• Provide technical mentorship and guidance to junior engineers including code reviews and diving in to coding assignments, as well as defining and implementing best in class standards.
• Recommend and implement new technologies and architectures to ensure applications remain current and robust.
• Implement Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration techniques to produce and deliver error-free code in a fast-paced development environment.
• Ensure that solutions are architected with a focus on security, stability, scalability, and resiliency, and leveraging engineering principles such as microservices, cloud, containerization, and reliability.
• 2-4+ years of experience in the financial industry.
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience with Java/JEE
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot and UI frameworks like Angular
• Experience in building applications with Microservices architecture
• Experience in creating and integrating RESTful Web services.
• Experience in creating and building cloud-capable applications using technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Spring Cloud
• 2-4+ years of database development experience with Oracle or MongoDB or equivalent
• High proficiency in development practices: unit testing, Continuous Integration, refactoring, clean code
• Experience with Design Patterns and Object Oriented Design and Principles
• Experience with testing frameworks: JUnit, Mockito
• Experience in use of Jira, GIT, maven and gradle
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with Agile software development principles, practice and processes
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey- Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Shared Services And Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: